Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

just an idea for the site

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
It would really nice if there was room on our profile to do a page just on our vans like what we have done, what we have modified and such.

#9 ·
Hey guys,

How does everyone feel about a potential Build thread?
If there is enough interest in this section, I can bring the idea to the Mod team and get their inpu ton it as well.

So, let me know what you guys think!

Richard.

#10 ·
There is already a Projects/Builds section on the site. Would seem pointless to me to duplicate the same functionality in another section of the site.
viewforum.php?f=127

#13 ·
A link to one's own build thread?
Not necessarily your build thread but set up for quick reference like:

Year -

Drivetrain -

Left inches -

Lowered inches -

Rims (size + manufacturer) -

Tire size -

Whatnot -

And a spot for a short description of your special mods and then maybe a link to build threads.

All this could be in "your profile" for people to easily access without using the search.

#14 ·
At first I wish we had more room to write in our sig line, but after frequenting sites that allowed that I found it way irritating to see all that shit clutter the page.

I wrote all that on top of my sig photo instead. It's there if you wanna see it, and if you don't care blaze on by. If I had a build thread I'd put a link in my sig.

#16 ·
Hey guys,

How do the above suggestions sit with everyone?
I'm not too certain that we will be able to add those functions to user profiles, but a forum section could work just as well for the suggested.

Any more input?

Richard.

#17 ·
I think what lowcab suggested would be something simple to find out what you were looking for at a glance and I would use it if it was there. Buuut... I think the profile info at the right of the screen could be supplemented by stuff in your signature is more then enough at a glance. For instance, with the stuff I have provided you can easily find out that I have a 2000 Astro with a 7'' lift, a NP233C 4x4 T-case swap, 31x10.5x15 A/Ts, that has been camperized. What else could you possibly need? If they are curious about something specific they can always PM me. A lot of people have already.

I am NOT in support of adding more space in the signature area for people to go wild with. I have been on a forum where signature space was not limited and some were out of control. All of that information and pictures are annoying to scroll through for the regular members who are on here often.

With all of that being said I have added a link to my build thread in my signature.

#18 ·
I started this topic so I will simply say as a longtime member of this site a link to the page astrowill posted would be fine, Maybe at the top of the page when one first opens the site and logs in stating project pages? I didn't even know that was here which is my fault for not looking I guess. Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.