Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Post a pic of your van as it looks right now.

51K views 580 replies 135 participants last post by  90safari 
#1 ·
As the title says - post ahead. How's your van looking right now?
Here's mine. Dirty and salty, but with a new shiny Bowtie vanity plate. Glad we don't need a license plate on the front in AB.
Finally I had a use for the apple sticker - it covers a huge stone chip on the windshield which I had have replaced two months ago. :poke:

See less See more
#553 ·
Mines sitting outside the shop at work today waiting for me to install my chevy mud flaps on it. I hate the mud spray off the tires that get onto the bottom rear panels of my clean van.

Attachments

#555 ·
Mmusicman said:
pretty much always looks the same:
Like Chevy's van,
clean.
I'm jealous.

Are your rockers beat up MM? My '97 has that and only 2 ways I know that happens and I've had both. Ignorant tire guy at Sears and high centering while plowing snow banks. I can't recall snow in Fla. but I'll bet you have a Sears...

#556 ·
WoodButcher said:
Are your rockers beat up MM?
Thanks for the nice compliment WoodButcher.
Rockers are like new. No dents or rust anywhere... fenders, rockers, undercarriage, frame.
The only salt we ever see in South Florida is on a Margarita!

Margarita400.jpg

#557 ·
Must be the picture.
Yes, my '97 has the rust too. A few years ago I repaired the drivers side and now both sides are toast. I've run her for 15 years working in good weather and bad so I can't complain. Poor little truck still runs pretty good at over 280,000 miles but her time is coming due.
She paid her way and then some. this was back when I did the repair, The only bit left is the steel step I put on top.

#563 ·
Oh that's hurts! If it were a small car instead of an astro there wouldn't be much left.

#565 ·
Here's mine from New Years weekend.

AstroWinterStorage.jpg

-Andrew

#573 ·
WoodButcher said:
Wife's artwork on the driveway Mm?
Lol.
gotta love them.
Yeah... she thought she would be cute and tattoo her name and some artwork in the driveway with the pressure cleaner... when we were busy cleaning something else. Now I have to pressure clean the entire driveway too. LOL :shock:

#575 ·
Lets bring this thread back from the dead. Besides, it needs more shorties and less red "X"'s.
Here's a couple of pics of my black 88 CS Astro, now that the snow has melted. Unfortunately, the melted snow turned my grade A Michigan swamp land into a series of small ponds.
I'm planning on doing an engine swap (V6 for a V6), and cleaning out the stuff stored in it (70 Camaro parts) so I can go back to using it. Like others here I miss driving it.
That's the thing about it, I never really took pics of it, because I was too busy driving it.

#576 ·
And I'm going to add some clean pics of my wife's 90 GMC Safari shortie. Since the snow melted, I was able to get a look at the left rocker (under the drivers door) and it looks like I'll be replacing that section this year too. It looks like it came loose from the inner support, which means it rusted out at the spot welds. I should have taken a pic of it, but it's not pretty and I'm not ready to work on it. Here's the pics of it.
These were taken a few years ago when it was cleaned up and fairly warm out. My wife was driving it 7 days a week, and 52 weeks a year back then. Oh, and it even fits in the garage, though just barely clearing the door with the roof rack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.