Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Astro Camper on craigslist

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  T.Neff 
#1 ·
Came across this on craigslist, it's in the milwaukee one but is listed as Lombard, IL. Not mine, looks nice tho.

"chevy astro class b motorhome by areolite sleep 6 (21ft) must see (lombard ill)"
"must see 1989 chevy astro class b motorhome bye aerolite 21 ft sleeps 6 4.3 liter v6 great on gas low miles roof air cab air and heat bath room with shower and ceiling fan double sinks 3 burner gas stove microwave coffee maker ice box can be used buy gas are electric generator hookups marble countertops all custom plush interior in good condition in and out very easy to drive runs and drives like new no leaks no pets non smoker ready to go traveling call for more info I can send pics if you are interested thank u 815-980-6964 asking $5700"

A couple of the many pics included

Here's the LINK.

-Andrew

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a outstanding deal.Two of the components(the three way Frig and the roof A/C) are worth 2/3's of the asking price.It looks really clean too.The only downside to these is the very limited towing ability.Loaded these are normally in the 8,000 lb range and the 4.3's have just about all they can do to pull it around.The one thing not in the ad is how many miles are on it.Almost all of them have 4.10's.So with the wt and gear ratio around 80,000 to 100,000 they are due to be refreshed.But given the condition of the rest even if that was the case,I have seen Astro M/H's sell from $8,500 to $25,000.I would grab it if cash wasn't tight right now.

Good looking out guy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.