Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Where's the PCV valve?

13K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Astrodarmiss 
#1 ·
2002 Astro...I'm going to change my PCV valve, but don't have a manual. Can anyone tell me where it's located? Remove the doghouse to change?

#3 ·
Take the doghouse off and its in one of the valve covers.....I wanna say the passenger side valve cover. Something I have yet to change on my Van. :whistle:

EDIT: what the hell did you use your super moderator powers to put your post in front of mine? :crying:

#11 ·
Removing the doghouse isn't a monsterous job, especially on your year van. Getting in there to see the stuff that's behind the intake (distributor and other stuff) is important. Even in my 89, arguably the most difficult style dog house to remove, I can get it off and back on in 30 minutes.

Let the dogs out.. :banana:

Lump

#13 ·
Vacuum test ,,, but it used to be if it rattled or not ,, but since they only cost about $2 it is simply better to replace it , pull old one out , push new one in , no tools needed ,, it is important to make sure to get a good quality part , specifically made for the engine application ,, many look just alike and it is easy to get the wrong part installed if not carefully matching it with the right part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.