Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

What does CL mean?

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  88astroLT 
#1 ·
Hello, my 93 Astro is a CL model. It says it on the dash. What does this mean? What does it mean?

#6 ·
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to inform you.

According to a ad for these vans i found in the internet, it goes in this order from base to touring. SLX, SLE (Safari Luxury Elite), and SLT (Safari Luxury Touring). (This applies to all years of the Safari. Newer models usually dont come with the SLX, or SLE badges.) For the Gen 1 Astros, it goes in this order from base to touring. CS (Classic Sport), CL (Classic Luxury), and LT (Luxury Touring). For Gen 2 Astros, it goes in this order from base to touring. LS (Luxury Sport) or LT (Luxury Touring).

In some cases, an LS astro might even have more options than an LT astro. It happens. But, the difference between SLE, SLE, CS, CL, and LS seats versus the LT and SLT seats are very different. Usually the normal seats are just cloth, vinyl, or cloth with vinyl. But the LT and SLT seats are "pilot seats" with wider bases, and adjustable headrests. The bench seats for the LT and SLT models are also reclinable and the middle seat of the benches can convert into a cupholder. Also the seats for the LT and SLT models can come in coth, or leather.

EDIT:
Here are some pictures of my 88 astro LT. They aren't in the van at the moment but its just for reference. Please also note that the seats will look different in the gen 2 vans, but mostly look the same.

The seat.
Photo0224.jpg

Seat with middle console folded down.
Photo0225.jpg

Seat with armrests folded down.
Photo0226.jpg

Reclining feature.
Photo0222.jpg

88astroLT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.