Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Computer Showoff - Photos

16K views 79 replies 27 participants last post by  JaxSPL 
#1 ·
:ugeek: A topic for the geeks/nerds/733t/h4x0rs out there! :geek:

Show off your computer!

I have several computers/servers but this one is my desktop workstation.
Specs:
  • Antec case[/*]
  • Pentium 4 - 3 Ghz cpu[/*]
  • ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe mainboard[/*]
  • 2 GB Crucial DDR ram[/*]
  • Two 80GB Western Digital Raptors 10k rpm SATA hard drives in RAID 0 config[/*]
  • Swiftech H20-220 Apex™ Ultra liquid cooling [/*]
  • NEC DVD-burner[/*]

See less See more
#79 ·
just updated to another 4GB ram, got rid of the buggy MSI video card and replaced with two 250 GTS in SLI mode, the SLI bridge here is missing but I recently picked one up and now it works. :D
I still have to buy a SATA expansion card because I ran out of motherboard ports.

Attachments

#80 ·
WoodButcher said:
I laugh at Ikea / knockdown furniture when folks tout the "high quality", it's okay in it's place. I have bookcases from Walmart that are pressboard and tackpaper that are 5 years old. They needed solid wood support for sagging shelves but they are fine for the job they do. Best part was when I moved last year I had no hesitations to hack into them to make them fit in the new space.
My mom has 4 6' book shelves and an entertainment center that I put together back in the mid 80's. They are still like new. Particle board ftw. lol.

Now as far as showing off computers. I will not show mine. I got it in a cubby hole under the desk and the HDMI cords are very tight. If I move it, the 32" monitor will go out.

Lately I've been doing remote control of my desktop with my android tablet. So much fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.