Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

If GM were to make a new Astro Safari would you be on board to buy a new model?

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe a used one after a few years

Votes: 10 41.7%

2014 GMC Safari / Chevy Astro Gen III

11K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Tegnus 
#1 ·
What would a Gen III Astrofari look like?

What kind of powerhouse and drive train would it have/You'd like to see?

How about a 2 speed t-case?

Maybe a Z71 option available.

I think its time for GM to answer our prayers and re-release the astro/safari's

What would you like to see in a new version of the van?

Maybe some photochop pictures are in order now.

#28 ·
SilverBullet1997 said:
I know its a bit crude, but maybe this is what we would be looking at...

From GMC-Terrain heavily modified...
"Hey, look at ME, I'm a Mercedes." :rofl:

#29 ·
#30 ·
More front cabin leg room. I love awd, I love 4x4. Having a 4x4 option with a 4.3 base and an LS option would be sweet. Dual slide doors would be nice... And last but not least, stow away seating. I mean removing the seats can be nice on mpg but having to lift them in and out? not. That's why I leave the seat out all the time, it sucks lifting it in. mine weighs 100lbs. I'd live without the 4x4 option and the LS, but i'm not buying another van without everything else. I almost bought a dodge, but it was out of my price range at the time.

#33 ·
notice how much trouble car makers are having with designing a rig with proper sized tires and wheel's. to small, i guess their trimming unsprung weight in favor of ugly looks and shortened wheel bearing life.

#34 ·
astroman97 said:
Rather than spend what they would want for the "city express" I would take the $$$$ and do a ground up rebuild of a 2005 new everything
I don't think you need to rebuild it, just keep it very well maintained for the money you save and all will be good :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.