Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

ZR2 or 4x4 Decal ?

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Philly758 
#1 ·
I would like to put 4x4 or AWD vinyl decals on the sides of my van like where the 4x4 s10 says ZR2 on the bed but in gold to match my side decals. It might be hard to find a place that can match the same shade of gold in a factory looking font. Am I crazy?

photo 5.JPG

See less See more
#6 ·

I have to say, I do not think that I have seen anyone use the ZR2 Stickers on the van yet, most people have gone with the pickup Z71 stickers.
I went with the Z71 OFF-ROAD(as opposed to the Z71 4x4) Stickers, as my van is not a true 4x4 yet.

I did not want to go with the Z71 Decal from 1997 as they were too big for my liking, I went with the 2001 design I believe, it seemed to fit the profile of my van the best, I did some photoshopping to figure out exactly where I wanted it.
Here is a thread on the stickers and some of my photoshop.
http://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17127&start=20#p250481

Not to sure what the differences between Z71 and ZR2, other than the fact that Z71 Came on the S-series pickups, and the Z71 came on the larger SUV's and pickups.
ZR2:
Ladder-type Frame with modified mounting points
100mm wider track (3.9 inches wider than regular S-10)
Increased ground clearance (Approx 3" over Regular S-Series 4x4)
Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio
Larger wheel and axle bearings
31 x 10.50" BFG A/T Tires (Pickup), 31 x 10.50" BFG Longtrails (Blazer)
46mm gas pressurized Bilstein Monotube shocks
Rear track bar (pickup), front anti-sway bar (blazer)
Skid plates

#7 ·
I dont really wan't to imitate a ZR2 package unless I had the skidplates and all. I was just referring to the sticker size/location because our vans are based on the s10 frame and drive-train and is a mid size vehicle. Near the bottom of the taillight looks awsome but for some reason I like it near the top on two-tone vans like this one and it is near the top on a truck bed. Also I don't want it too busy by the gold bottom panels and think it will blend in nicely under the factory gold graphics I have. I know its not a true 4x4 but technically all four wheels do drive.

#8 ·
SilverBullet1997 said:
Not to sure what the differences between Z71 and ZR2, other than the fact that Z71 Came on the S-series pickups, and the Z71 came on the larger SUV's and pickups.
ZR2:
Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio
31 x 10.50" BFG A/T Tires (Pickup), 31 x 10.50" BFG Longtrails (Blazer)
Skid plates
Correct me if i'm wrong SilverBullet1997, but aren't Z71, ZR2, Z28 etc. simply RPO codes for the given model??

#9 ·
I think the solid 4x4 decal I ordered above will match my factory graphics well and she can do any size but I am also considering these styles but am not sure if they can resize them. As is they are too big or small to fit above to sliding door rail and body line.

11x2"

8" x 2.3"
12" x 3.45"
16" x 4.6"

#12 ·
Funny. Maybe one of those magnetic door signs if there not that expensive.

I want to keep this one kinda tame for long trips and what not but I totally just missed another green AWD for only 1400$ with bad interior I would have loved to do a 6-10" lift on.

#13 ·
adam38654 said:
I dont really wan't to imitate a ZR2 package unless I had the skidplates and all. I was just referring to the sticker size/location because our vans are based on the s10 frame and drive-train and is a mid size vehicle. Near the bottom of the taillight looks awsome but for some reason I like it near the top on two-tone vans like this one and it is near the top on a truck bed. Also I don't want it too busy by the gold bottom panels and think it will blend in nicely under the factory gold graphics I have. I know its not a true 4x4 but technically all four wheels do drive.

I would have done mine higher, but I got that extension cord port(that the PO put on) at the top of the light where I would have stuck the sticker, so I went the bottom of the tail light on mine.

CoolCat4Christ said:
SilverBullet1997 said:
ZR2:
31 x 10.50" BFG A/T VigLink" href="http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/tires.html" rel=nofollow target=_blank vglnk_1396280615388="17">Tires (Pickup), 31 x 10.50" BFG Longtrails (Blazer)
Skid plates
Correct me if i'm wrong SilverBullet1997, but aren't Z71, ZR2, Z28 etc. simply RPO codes for the given model??
Yes they are the RPO code's but they all have slightly different packages tailored to the specific vehicle.

#16 ·
Adam,

I like this set up best out of the pictures you posted.

#18 ·
Old post... But I just stumbled across this and noticed pictures of my van! (blue/tan with Z71 stickers). :banana:

Anyways. I chose the Z71 "off road" stickers because my van is AWD, not 4x4. I also aligned it with the top of the tail light for 2 reasons... 1) I like it, 2) It was very easy to make sure it was straight by following the line on the body.

Cheers! :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.