Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

cowl hood?

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Rune 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get a pre fab cowl hood? I havent been abke to find one

#7 ·
I plan to build one for Bad Ast. I have talked to a local 'glass producer about popping a few. If there is any real interest I can se what I can do to get these going.
Mark

#8 ·
astroracer said:
I plan to build one for Bad Ast. I have talked to a local 'glass producer about popping a few. If there is any real interest I can se what I can do to get these going.
Mark
trouble is with the glass ones is they do tend to crack and separate over time and I dont like that idea....I'd fab one using stock tin and stitch weld it in then smooth out the welds and go from there...seeing some of your work w/ Bad Ast I don't think you'd have a problem with that!

#9 ·
I don't think a well made 'glass hood will have an issue. The hood on my truck has been on there for almost 14 years and there are no issues with cracking or separating.

My plan was to build a metal hood and then have it copied, but if no one is interested, I won't bother.
Mark

#11 ·
astroracer said:
I don't think a well made 'glass hood will have an issue. The hood on my truck has been on there for almost 14 years and there are no issues with cracking or separating.

My plan was to build a metal hood and then have it copied, but if no one is interested, I won't bother.
Mark
lets put it this way if its a 1pc glass cowl hood your ok but some folks put the glass cowl on a metal hood and thats where the problems come in unless you know what your doing it can become quite a mess......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.