Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Squeegees from Heck

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  SilverBullet1997 
#1 ·
Went to O'Reilly's yesterday looking for a long handle window squeegee. Found one with the Rain-X brand, telescopic aluminum handle, about 10 bucks.

This morning, tried to use it. The telescopic ferrule gizmo broke on the first squeege. So took it back to O'Reilly.

Tried AutoZone, NAPA, Wally's, no joy. Worth noting at least was that Wally's had the same Rain-X model for only 5 bucks. Tried local RV supply place, but they weren't open yet - WAKE UP people, it's 0700 hrs and already 94 degrees.

Just for fun, tried Home Depot. Found a squeegee with a microfiber window mop on it's reverse, replacable squeegee blade, accepts any length screw in handle from the paint dept. Total about 23 bucks for the squeege, pkg of replacement rubber blade and a 3' wooden handle.

Once home, sanded the wooden handle and applied some boiled linseed oil. Tomorrow I'll be squeegin'.

Tomorrow my new digital camera also arrives. Old one just quit one day. No power up, no nuthin'. Cellphone pics are pretty much useless. I'm anxious to get back to photo documenting my projects.

I'm sure you all can't wait to see pics of "How to squeegee".

Lump

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm on the edge of my seat, hombre... I've been waiting a long time to see a serious revival of the lost art of squeeging.... :rockon:

#10 ·
Lumpy said:
Hey SilverB -

What are "Lightning Strobes"?

Lump
If I remember correctly, I believe they are led strobe bulbs he mounted in his corner lights. Purchased from superbrightleds.com.
I think they are the ones that started the dance mob he posted about a few weeks back....or was it the turn signals that started it ???

#12 ·
Lumpy said:
Hey SilverB -

What are "Lightning Strobes"?

Lump
They are the pre-LED cop style lights.

CoolCat4Christ said:
If I remember correctly, I believe they are led strobe bulbs he mounted in his corner lights. Purchased from superbrightleds.
Not LED....

Switches(From top to bottom)
*Amber 4"x3" boxes in rear hatch corners
*Rear brake light Strobes
*Front Strobes(Two in with the bright location, and two in the unused corner markers)
*Flash Rate Controller (Pursuit/Takedown)
(there is actually a 5th switch located under the dash that controls the Intensity, but I barely ever flip that one so didn't see a need for it to be readily accessible)
Control Box for Front's and Rear Taillights
Wiring Running to box
See the control box is normally mounted under the passenger seat on the rear support bar.
You can't see them when they are off in the rear window.
But when they are on they are really visable. (Those are just the strobe's lighting up those tail lights, they flash so fast and bright it messes with my camera, I can't take video of it either as the frame rate is not high enough for the flash)

CoolCat4Christ said:
I think they are the ones that started the dance mob he posted about a few weeks back....or was it the turn signals that started it ???

Wow those guys can really Dance!! :liar:

That flash mob you speak of was started by my turn signals and the blinker fluid that I had used.

#13 ·
SilverBullet1997 said:

CoolCat4Christ said:
If I remember correctly, I believe they are led strobe bulbs he mounted in his corner lights. Purchased from superbrightleds.
Not LED....
Oh they are actual lamps.......I humbly stand corrected.

#14 ·
CoolCat4Christ said:
SilverBullet1997 said:

CoolCat4Christ said:
Not LED....
Oh they are actual lamps.......I humbly stand corrected.
Started a thread on it. :D

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=59170

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.