Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Anything to worry about ? ( photos )

4K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  WoodButcher 
#1 ·
So this is a photo taken from the ground up. The left side of the frame is the fan casing... It looks like oil is being sprayed on to the hose from either the front crank shaft seal or engine oil cooler.. Is this something I need to take apart and fix or is this normal? GMC Safari 86K Thanks!!

#28 ·
dcarlson12 said:
Not quite clear as to what you are saying about the Dorman set. Are you saying it also failed and that you are somehow sending it back under warranty? I just ordered a set of Dorman based upon what someone else had said about them being good quality. If you are sending the Dorman back, with what are you replacing it? i.e. brand/source?
Also just curious if the Dorman or other set(s) came new 'clips' which hold the ends to the fittings on the radiator?
Yes, they come with new blue spring clips for the fitting lines (FYI they state to NEVER reuse the original clips). Stock height van BTW. Original set leaked 200K+. Second set(Dorman) lasted about 5k miles and started leaking(sending them back for warranty or replacement). I was in a JAM with 0 time to "fix" them on the cheap and needed the truck asap. Went to the parts store and purchased the only set they had(Dorman) and am holding my breath.

If I had the time...and had seen this DIY post I would have done that. If they leak again, I will do the DIY. Money>time sometimes. The truck is fixed(for now) and is dry. I am happy, which is all that matters.

#30 ·
97cargocrawler said:
I found it's easier to just put diapers on my van rather than chase down all the sloppy leaking holes. Once a week there's a nice slippery dinosaur shat waiting for me.
:lol: My '97 is a bleeder too CC. Like yours most everything has been replaced / repaired at least once but my engine seems to like a coating of antifreeezeoilbrakesteering fluid with grease and dirt on top for good measure. :shrug:

As long as I'm not dripping in the clients driveway I'm not worried. I check all the levels once a month and the oil more frequently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.