Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

How to remove a interior plastics(seat belt)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 ·
please i need to know how to get the plastic to show in the photos, I'm painting all the plastic but if you do not like them out, I think you have to remove the Torx having inside but I want the opinion of someone who knows thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Hebert, pretty Sharp Van you have there...

I wish I could help with the trim piece removal. I too am working on my interior parts ( all trim panels, headliner, carpet, console, etc. ) and am going to remove the rest for cleaning and / or paint just as you are.
You did mean you are removing that one?

Am interested as I have not removed that piece either. I know there is a #50 Torx ( like the rest of the seat belt bolts ) behind the cover, but don't see much else. Maybe the torx comes out and then there are just snap in retainers like elsewhere.

Heck, I am not even sure how to get the slotted round cover off ( as you did ) without bending it up. Any hints?

Another thing:

My Van ( a 1992 LT ) has an extra black button marked "PUSH TO LOCK" - any hints what it does and have you seen that before?

Mike - Waaaay down here ( rather Waaaay UP HERE ) - in Ky.

#3 ·
It's mostly the big Torx. Remove that. Also remove the floor edge trim around the slider door well and around the front passenger step well. Remove the screws from, and loosen the trim piece ABOVE your part, that vertical section of the B pillar that runs up to the ceiling.

Your lower piece is then SLIDE clipped into place. Slide it upwards. You'll likely be able to feel which direction it needs to go. As soon as it starts to move or it breaks free, keep an eye on the festoon lamp sockets. Their wiring is very short.

Then clean it up and paint it.

Lump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.