Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

'93 Sliding door repair

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Gary 
#1 ·
Unfortunately the rollers on the door wore out over the years and ended up busting the post that the door locks onto. It flops around, but I can get it to latch enough to hold it closed. I need to fix the door so I figured that the best thing to do is fix all the rollers first. Anyone know where I can get the replacement rollers for the door??? Also, any suggestions for fixing the post? I haven't started on it yet, but thinking I may need to weld it. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

#3 ·
Are you talking about the strike that mounts on the door pillar, the one with the torx head? It's adjust able and should tighten back up. If not, replace it and the "nut plate" inside the pillar that holds it.

I'd look at a junk yard/dealer/rock auto.com for replacement rollers.

#4 ·
I just bought the only one on ebay about 1hr ago but here is a diagram and the part # is 15022100 its # 13 in the diagram You can buy them from this web site they are the ones that gave me the part # http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

Can anyone here explain how to R+R this piece

#6 ·
That is what i thought. I was hoping that i didn't have to remove the interior panels. Thanks for the info

#7 ·
Bertscova said:
That is what i thought. I was hoping that i didn't have to remove the interior panels. Thanks for the info
Just an FYI...
I replaced my Slider today, and did not have to remove any interior pieces. It took about 10 minutes.
Removed the sliding rear door latch far enought to remove the sliders pin. Before removing the pin, I placed a floor jack under the sliding door for support, then removed the pin. Pull the rear of the sliding door away from the body of the van, making sure its still secured nicely on the jack stands.
Then slid the slider down the track to the front and removed. Placed the new one back and reinstalled.
This was on a 1996 astro, and was amazingly easy to do.

#8 ·
thanks guys..... this should help a lot of people, myself included , repairing our sliders!!

#9 ·
RydQlty said:
Bertscova said:
Just an FYI...
I replaced my Slider today, and did not have to remove any interior pieces. It took about 10 minutes.
Removed the sliding rear door latch far enought to remove the sliders pin. Before removing the pin, I placed a floor jack under the sliding door for support, then removed the pin. Pull the rear of the sliding door away from the body of the van, making sure its still secured nicely on the jack stands.
Then slid the slider down the track to the front and removed. Placed the new one back and reinstalled.
This was on a 1996 astro, and was amazingly easy to do.
:goodpost:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.