Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Low fuel light.

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Roger Ramjet 
#1 ·
Does the 1996 astro have a low fuel light? I've never had it come on yet.
Have you ever run it down to a 1/8 tank?

#2 ·
Seems like I remember reading a post where they pretty much concluded 1999/2000 was the year certain components were added and that feature was one.
Hope this helps and hope you never "see the light"... so to speak. You know what they say, "never run it that low".

Mike

#4 ·
Could it be a burnt out bulb...stranger things have happened in our community !

Is there a spot on the dash for it ? Does it illuminate during the bulb check mode ?

(when the key is first turned to ON)

Uncle Bob

#5 ·
RECox286 said:
Could it be a burnt out bulb...stranger things have happened in our community !

Is there a spot on the dash for it ? Does it illuminate during the bulb check mode ?

(when the key is first turned to ON)

Uncle Bob
These are the lights that come on when keys first turned on

Attachments

#6 ·
Take a close look at the i/p when the key is OFF. Do you see all the lens covers with their words and symbols ?

Is there one for LOW FUEL ? If there is, and if it doesn't illuminate during "bulb check mode" then it probably is

a burnt out bulb. Naturally, the question can't be answered from the screen shot you attached.

Uncle Bob

#10 ·
Yeah, I've got it in the wife's 01, but not in any of the gen 1 or the 95 trucks.

And yes, it does really work...

Uncle Bob

#12 ·
Airplane technology it is, Lumpy. You will be finding some caution/warning lights on the overhead, as well as the console

and in some instances the flight engineer's panel. There will be a "master advisory" light that illuminates, telling everyone

in the cockhouse to look for the caution/warning light that illuminated the master advisory light. Cars are becoming more

like aircraft nowdays, at least the computer systems are, and some of the designers are borrowing between the two to cater

to [egos ?] We love our machines !

Uncle Bob

#13 ·
It's funny, I have not driven my van in a week but I can tell you right now I have about 3/4" of a tank.

The Audi I drive has a low fuel light... Good thing too since the steering wheel blocks the view of the gas gauge in all but the fully upright "old lady" position.

The light,and the "McMaster caution" indicator on the dash are the only good ways to know when to put gas in it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.