Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2005 Overland Astro AWD 93000 miles, super clean $9800

14K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  JointStrike 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've posted my 2005 Overland Astro Awd for sale. I'm having my first child and the wife says the toys have to go for now. So my "Precious" is regrettably up for sale. Super clean Aircraft mechanic maintained. I've been super anal with everything on this one since I bought it from Arkansas with 50k, who ever buys it will not be disappointed.

Here is my craigslist ad with more details. Feel free to check it out. Thanks guys.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5219791304.html

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
craigslist said:
2005 Chevrolet Astro AWD
Very good condition mechanically,in and out. extremely clean and meticulously maintained southern vehicle.
4.3 V6 Vortec. 93,000 miles , tow package w/transmission cooler, Thule quick disconnect roof rack, custom fit factory floor mats.
* Overland 4" lift kit w/ Rancho Shocks, Hellwig sway bar, brand new 245/75 BFGoodrich A/T KO2, brand new rotors and ceramic pads all the way around, Fresh oil change.
At 85,000 I had an engine misfire that turned out to be a shorted spark plug. In the process of troubleshooting I changed nearly every ignition component with AC Delco parts. Distributor/Cap and Rotor/wires/coil/fuel filter/ fuel injection spider(yes even the spider)/iridium plugs. Needless to say I spent over $500 in needless parts. Also during this time of maintenance I replaced the upper ball joints and idler arms with moog components. Changed differential lube with sythetic lube and changed the transfer case fluid with GM spec. fluid. At every oil change interval, I grease all front end bushings and ball joints. The van is nearly like new condition and every thing works perfectly. I am in no rush to sell nor do I need help selling. This has been my "precious" and I hate to see this go. $10500 OBO
Nice looking van, good luck with sale!

JointStrike said:
Hi Guys,

I've posted my 2005 Overland Astro Awd for sale. I'm having my first child and the wife says the toys have to go for now. So my "Precious" is regrettably up for sale. Super clean Aircraft mechanic maintained. I've been super anal with everything on this one since I bought it from Arkansas with 50k, who ever buys it will not be disappointed.

Here is my craigslist ad with more details. Feel free to check it out. Thanks guys.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5219791304.html

#3 ·
JointStrike said:
... I'm having my first child and the wife says the toys have to go for now. So my "Precious" is regrettably up for sale...
"For now". I think that translates into "The next 18 years.

Nice safe, well maintained van...Seems like exactly what a couple would want to haul the kids to soccer, dance class, scouts all that.

:shrug:

Lump

#9 ·
Great looking van, nice work!

I noticed your CL posting is for the Buffalo, NY area. For the harsh winter conditions with the amount of snow you get in that area, there is probably NO better vehicle to handle those conditions.

I'm curious what vehicles you're keeping in lieu of the Astro? I'm guessing your wife just isn't a van connoisseur and probably prefers just about anything else over it, whether or not they are actually more useful/functional than the Astro? :confused: :D

#10 ·
Seriously, don't sell it. You won't find another as clean.... It is a van... You sell corvettes when you have a baby, you sell motorcycles when you have a baby...

You don't sell a van when you have a baby.... Kids need a nice vehicle to stink up and stuff peanutbutter sandwiches into the defroster vents of.....

Just think of all the sour milk you are depriving your offspring the opportunity to soak into the carpet of that thing!

#11 ·
Sailing_Faith said:
Seriously, don't sell it. You won't find another as clean.... It is a van... You sell corvettes when you have a baby, you sell motorcycles when you have a baby...

You don't sell a van when you have a baby.... Kids need a nice vehicle to stink up and stuff peanutbutter sandwiches into the defroster vents of.....

Just think of all the sour milk you are depriving your offspring the opportunity to soak into the carpet of that thing!
As a father of four with an infant I must say... :text-imwithstupid:
It's practical.

#12 ·
Vandiction said:
Sailing_Faith said:

As a father of four with an infant I must say... :text-imwithstupid:
It's practical.
That was one of the original motivating factors to me souping up and modding mine. It is a family car and I had a baby way back. Compromise between my old hot rods and a god I hate driving this practical family car.
I got my basic living room in the back for watching TV while I wait on soccer practice and religion classes. Furniture hauling etc etc.

#13 ·
97cargocrawler said:
Ummmm....pull your head out of your ***. This van is the best family vehicle ever made. It's not a toy.
This. Seriously. And with AWD you'll never miss a well baby appointment, hospital visit, soccer game....anything.

And all the strollers, portable thingies, etc will be safely ensconced in the back with no smooshing.

I don't get why this one has to go :think:

#15 ·
Okay lets get down to the real issue. What did you do that "She who must be obeyed" wants revenge? Apologize for your brainfart and offer some recompense other than the forfeiture of the van. Any rational person would recognize the value of such a vehicle in Buffalo! What is the average snowfall? Show me a Caravan ( the epitome socially acceptable kid hauler) that can withstand that snowfall. If the van is too hard to get into and load, well wince a lot and lower it back down. In 20 yrs you can lift it again! And it will need a helluva cleaning to get rid of dirty diaper smell, dropped pablum, lost & soured baby bottles, spilled sodas, discarded fast food bags, dropped french fries.......... what is your other car you want to do this too? Just sayin'.

#19 ·
Piling on. I sold my beloved 1993 Beretta GTZ to pick up the one year old 1995 Astro CL 2WD - which we still own and have 130,000 miles on, nearly 90% put on by us. Yours is better for the purpose in every way, though it may need running boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.