Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

1998 chevy astro pro street mid engine

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  timothy47130 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't see myself pay his asking price, but I guess all that fab work is pretty damn expensive. It be a great set up for a 454 or 502 big block swap.

#5 ·
WILD RIDE!!! I like the outside look!!! Not much of a fan of the interior though.

I agree... if I had done THAT much engine relocation modification work... it DAMN sure would have had a serious BIG block in it!

Funny... it looks like the exhaust hangers are attached to the rear-end. That's different!

#6 ·
Holy paint the street black for 500 feet, Batman!
Needs interior , like he said, but worth a long, hard look for sure! Or, as my Girlfriend would say, "Mike....your mid-life crisis is here!"
-Mike-

#8 ·
I agree it sure has the right look going for it,besides needing a a billet grill . Drop a bad *** big block in that thing and Put a nice interior in it and you will be the talk of every car show

#9 ·
timothy47130 said:
I agree it sure has the right look going for it,besides needing a a billet grill . Drop a bad *** big block in that thing and Put a nice interior in it and you will be the talk of every car show
I dunno....if we're gonna get THIS flippin' radical here then why stop at ONE engine? Use an Extended model and TWO 502 crate motors end-to-end......
-Mike-

#10 ·
I was kinda thinking going this route now that you mention more than one engine. Twin engine quad blowers yeah baby! :D Now thats radical :lol:

Attachments

#11 ·

Attachments

#13 ·
Here are some engine pics:

MidEngineAstro09.JPG

MidEngineAstro11.JPG

MidEngineAstro17.JPG

Looks like the engine/tranny is attached to a frame that is part of the rear swing arm. Would like to see more pics of the rear set-up.

-Andrew

#14 ·
It looks like it has an old video on you tube also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.