Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

1986 5 speed Astro original project FLORIDA

990 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ghostrider1061 
#1 ·
:layrubber:
I am selling my 1986 Astro 5 speed again, since the guy who bought it last year never came and got it.
LOCAL PICK UP ONLY, in West Palm Beach Florida.

It's running. Original engine 289k MI. Trans rebuilt with all NEW parts. The main problem is that I do not have the time or a space to drop the tranny again. I am certain the prevoius mechanic failed to seal the bottom bearing cup so it slipped.
Its tough to get into all gears, but if you carefully do they all sound fine so I suspect one just needs to drop it an go through it.
The Van is Blue. It has all the seats and other items as well as an added overhead console and vent shades. Has wired Tow hitch
Running boards (not re-installed), and a very hard to get spare input shaft. The Input shaft can be sent to calif for cold pressing or welding repair so you can have a spare. There is an excellent condition used one in the tranny now.
This is an excellent restoration project as it's all there and not dead. This thingis a blast to drive and I do miss it but
I just don't have time to fix it again with two jobs. The tranny was done with a complete rebuild kit. About 1200 dollars in parts.
It has been sitting for the last six months. I'd like to see it go to someone who will restore it as there are only a few left and it will be an antique in a couple of years.

LOCAL pick up only. If you can't come here or send your agent to tow it, please don't call.
Asking $500.00 FIRM
Scott
561-385-1354

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.