Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm trying to use an ALDL cable and a laptop or phone/tablet to read realtime data.

I'm not a programmer, I have the original first gen OBD, not OBD2.

I downloaded Tuner Pro and BINs, RAWs, etc., but I get no data.

As I said, I don't do game modding or phone jailbreaking, I'm super dumb, but I can plug an ALDL cable into my van's data port.

What am I missing?

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
12,717 Posts
What cable did you get? Ensure that you have the correct COM port selected on your computer. Have you loaded the proper definition(which one are you using)?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just replying to this old post, as this information might help anyone looking for live & recorded data from their OBD1 ALDL connector. 1320electronics.com of Cocoa, FL supply the ALDL OBD1 Bluetooth Scanner / Code Reader / Adapter,,
which actually works.
Combine this with Android ALDLdroid ( google play) to display live and recorded diagnostics data from the ECU and engine sensors.
I bought the older ' 12 Pin ALDL OBD1 USB Interface cable, Mark II' which isn't the bluetooth model. I've been using it for a few years and it's still working great !!
Gives me all the data I want,,, plus more data that goes over my head 😄

Light Font Peripheral Slope Parallel

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
12,717 Posts
I have the adapter from https://reddevilriver.com/aldl.html which is a bit cheaper. Had it for years and still works perfectly as well.

There is plenty of free computer software, but the $20 ALDLdroid is what I have been using as well.

Wonder if there is any newer android software that will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts