Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Had some fun with my rear brakes. The brakes and hardware themselves are fine, but the drums are completely rotting away. There were a couple loud bangs on the passenger rear and this turned out to be big chunks of the brake drum crumbling off and jamming against the backing plate, then blowing through.

Also some intermittent scraping from the swollen with rust drums. Time for a new pair.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Its raining a lot here and the issue of roof leaks through the visor screw holes that rusted has moved to the top of the list. Evidently while i havent been driving the van much this past year, the severity of these leaks have increased

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I cant believe all the electrical stuff up there is still working. Though now that ive said that...

I removed the center console as water was pouring straight down into it and soaking the glove compartment

I like the look of the lund visors but this is some really unnecessary side effects of visor installation that otherwise would never ever be an issue

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
An excellent update. This van has finally passed the state inspection!

PO440 unfortunately did illuminate a second time while at the inspection station, which the diagnosed as the evaporative vent solenoid.

Now that time pressure is off i can work on stuff i want to work on instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Got my hands on an acceptable condition AWD subframe with included newer looking torsion bars.

The mount locations are all very decent, so i will clean this up for later. The current subframe is falling even beneath my tolerance for rust.

Attachments

41 - 46 of 46 Posts