Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, Im new to this. Can anyway advice where
I can purchase a swivel base for front passenger seat. Preferably one that clears the door (not having to open door in order to swivel the seat)? Thank you.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,752 Posts
The cheapest way is to grab a used one from a conversion van in the JY. There are some DIY options available as well, but the best one IMO is going to be the one from Ironcloud Metalworks that was already linked above.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello to all, Im new to this. Can anyway advice where
I can purchase a swivel base for front passenger seat. Preferably one that clears the door (not having to open door in order to swivel the seat)? Thank you.
I bought and installed the one that ironworks sells. I am very happy with it. It is well crafted,and as a purpose built unit, I did not have to futz with drilling holes or alignment. The only thing that was a bit of a PITA was that I had to separate base from seat as part of install. Clear instructions were provided, not that I looked at them at first, after all instructions are for when things go wrong, right ?

It was a bit pricey, but worth it.I doubt they are getting rich off this part, it looks pricey to build

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought and installed the one that ironworks sells. I am very happy with it. It is well crafted,and as a purpose built unit, I did not have to futz with drilling holes or alignment. The only thing that was a bit of a PITA was that I had to separate base from seat as part of install. Clear instructions were provided, not that I looked at them at first, after all instructions are for when things go wrong, right ?

It was a bit pricey, but worth it.I doubt they are getting rich off this part, it looks pricey to build
Ok, thanks for info. Thank all for responding and i apologize for not responding sooner. Seems like IRONWORKS is the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts