Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Cut piece from donor van. Remove same size piece from your van. Weld in place then finish with bondo

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It's not just the rockers you have to worry about. The radiator core support is shot and should be the first rust repair to tackle as it has two of the sub-frame mounts in it. I can tell the core support is shot by seeing how the bumper cover is moving back and behind the grill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not just the rockers you have to worry about. The radiator core support is shot and should be the first rust repair to tackle as it has two of the sub-frame mounts in it. I can tell the core support is shot by seeing how the bumper cover is moving back and behind the grill.
Thanks for that advise Once I find somone to do the work I will have that looked and repaired as well

Dan

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,155 Posts
Yeah, you got some rust to cut out, but it looks pretty good overall. Ah - I see you're smack dab in the center of the rust belt.

There are repair rocker panels out there; I don't know if they're still made, but they are still available here and there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, you got some rust to cut out, but it looks pretty good overall. Ah - I see you're smack dab in the center of the rust belt.

There are repair rocker panels out there; I don't know if they're still made, but they are still available here and there.
Thanks for your input finding a body that will do it is a challenge. They don't want to work on rust

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,155 Posts
Not to mention, no one that works there is a body guy. They simply replace panels. They have no clue how to do real body work.

There’s a real old-school body guy across from our shop who works mostly on classic cars, but if you need an actual body guy, he’s your man. Until he retires later this year, that is.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,751 Posts
x2
If if keeps going(without being fixed), it's going to break that nice looking grille.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts