Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a 3" lift kit from Journeys Off Road. http://journeysoffroad.com/ Only took about 3.5 hours. I didn't take many pictures, wanted to get it done so I could enjoy the rest of the weekend. Bought 4 Goodyear Wranglers 235/75 r15. I don't have to trim the any of the bumper or wheel well area at all. I have read a lot of people having vibration from pinion angles, my van actually rides a lot smoother now than before. Here are some before and after photos.

View attachment 3
Before Lift kit
View attachment 2
After Lift Kit

View attachment 1

·
Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
6,133 Posts
Wow... what a difference! Amazing what a few inches can do, along with the right tires! They are a good match for the lift!

·
Registered
186 Posts
very nice! don't they look mean even just a little higher in the air? What are your next plans for it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. They do sell a super lift kit that comes with spring hangers that help with pinion angle and shock tabs. I am purchasing the spring hangers and tabs from him next week. the super lift kit is $370. I wish I would have purchased that one first.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Do those spring hangers from them have to be welded on?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Cool... I might think about changing over to their system - I'm not entirely happy with how mine is - it's actually higher than I need, and no way to adjust it - I used S10 springs.... I hadn't heard of journey's system yet when I bought my schizzy....

I look forward to seeing how the install goes....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah you use them with their shackles, and stock springs. I will have to weld the new shock tabs higher though. Total lift with stock torsion keys cranked most of the way up should give 4" of lift. I'll take measurements after i'm done. A few of the other guys gave me some ideas how to change out the hangers, looks a little tricky.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Looks good! How was the install on those spring hangars? Any issues?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hangers were really simple. I took the tires off and shocks, lowered the axle. The drivers side I took the nut off slid the bolt out a little ways and cut the head off then pulled the bolt out, Then I put the new bolts in from the other side. It rides a lot smoother now and I don't have to worry about pinion shims, these hangers were designed for the adjustment.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts