Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
12,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have no need to make these anymore. I posted the SVG design ready to upload to a company like ponoko.com if y'all want to make your own. If you edit yours to include Astro or Safari or whatever, feel free to post up your design files for others to use.
https://www.astrosafari.com/threads/gen-ii-cup-holders.80089/post-1599952
I have also uploaded the files to the bottom of this post, they are just zip files renamed as .txt, just download the txt files and remove the .txt to make it a .zip that you can extract.

Astropop used to make some cupholders/drink trays that fit our vans. Unfortunately he has gone out of business/machine broke, but he was gracious enough to share the design with us. AP if you ever get up and running again please send me a PM.

For those of you that might have wanted one of them, I am going to start by making a few. They will be extremely similar to the ones he made but I had to redraw the design so they won't be perfectly exact but damn close. Also probably a different material supplier/cutting method/etc.

The first run has been made, Design B in dark grey tint, $14.89 shipped.

Click here to buy a digital Amazon gift card:
https://amzn.to/2pZI2RC
https://www.astrosafari.com/gallery/ima ... _id=102524

PM me for details about payment/delivery/etc.
Note: this picture is in the sunlight, so in your van it will be darker
Drkgrytint_1.jpg

I have been thinking about doing a run of this style as well if there is enough interest(will save some material as well). Edit: I have not had a whole lot of interest in these unfortunately so I will continue to make the ones above for now.
Design E cupholder will be similar to:

Note: there was never enough demand for this, so I never made any.
96_up_astro_cupholder.jpg

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meterpig said:
I liked that he drew "astro" into the design
That may be an option in the future, however I'm trying to knock $10 or more off of the price with these so for now that won't be an option.

It is possible that I may do that in the future but it will be at an added cost.

·
Administrator
12,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AstroKnot said:
I'll take that smoked out version.
Updated the first post, PM me for details.

·
Administrator
12,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sent you a PM.

I have not done a run of Design E yet, waiting to sell x% of the stock I already have.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
the other old ones came with Velcro pads keep everything in check. Glue would work as well. Shoot... you could epoxy these things in and get crafty with some sand paper and then paint it and make it look like one piece. Now that would be cool.

·
Administrator
12,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glue it, screw it, epoxy, hook and loop fastener, it's all up to you. I have included some hook and loop fastener that I had laying around for the first ones shipped, I don't have it listed as included because I don't know how old the Velcro is and when it's gone it's gone. Just think of it as being a bonus for those that order(ed) early.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Cool,thanks.I just paid for one,looks exactly like what I need.I will think about the screws,after it gets here,and I can see it,but good silicone or one of my plastic welders looks easier to me,lol

·
Administrator
12,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like I will eventually be doing another run. Do we have any requests for a different color?

Do we only have 3 people interested in Design E?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts