Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there from Switzerland.

I am desperately searching for a new 1991 A/C condenser as mine seems to have a big leak. Tried to fill it already. Just blowing off instantly.
All shops replying that the part is discontinued.
Do you profs have an idea where to get one or with which other condenser it can be replaced?
Thanks a lot in advance & have a nice Sunday.

Fabian

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,037 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Being in Switzerland is going to complicate things a bit, esp with it being discontinued. You would have to take a chance on a used/junk yard condenser or have yours repaired. I'm sure there is a shop that can pressurize it, find the leak(s), hopefully somewhere that it can be fixed.
Another thing is to contact junk yards, esp near US military installations, there is a chance, though slim, that you could locate one.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,037 Posts
The PN for yours is 52484150 1990-1993 Might have one come up on ebay or something.

52461196 is for 94-95 when they switched to 134a, not sure if the fittings/alignment are different but might be something to look into, I don't have a 94-95 to compare.

The other thing that you can look at is the universal condensers, you would have to deal with mounting/routing/adapting, but it's an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts