Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2002 and 2004, RWDs
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-41-993-P ... 2?dchild=1
Today our recommended, iridium, plugs (41-993) are only $12.75 for a box of 4 plugs.
Sold and shipped by Amazon in their ''ACDelco Store,'' I'm pretty sure that counts as an authorized seller.
Buy 3 boxes and you're good for 2 tune-ups. 3 x 4 = 12 plugs. :thumbup:

**The ACDelco Spark Plug rebate for $3 per plug, expires on the 30th.
At today's price, if you use the rebate you'd only be paying 75 cents per 4-pack + whatever your tax is = almost free!
Rebate has a 16 plug, per household, limit.
They may just send the rebate on a gift card or some BS? But I don't remember seeing anything in the fine print.

I paid $14.65 from the same listing recently.
Today I had to go to my local NAPA, so I brought a pack of them with me to compare to theirs.
Just incase some of you are worried about these being counterfeits - they were the same in every way.
There are counterfeit ACDelco plugs, so I wouldn't buy them from a '3rd party seller' on Amazon or on Ebay, but these are legit.

There's 1 review saying plugs failed quickly, but the bottom of the review shows he'd bought from a '3rd party seller.'
He may have gotten counterfeits or simply had other ignition or engine problems.
The other bad reviews are from some point where it was accidently listed as a 'pack of 8', everybody else loves the plugs. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2004 Astro AWD, 2004 Safari 2WD
599 Posts
Thank you for the bump, otherwise I might not have seen this.
And thank you for the heads up!

Reactions: deafman

·
Registered
2002 and 2004, RWDs
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MI_Ghost it's on their website under offers and promotions.
It's the 1st promotion at the top and not as impressive looking as it should be.
Click on ''$12 GM OE Iridium Plugs'', the $12 is what you get back on their minimum purchase of 4 plugs.
When you click ''download form'' it shows all the stipulations: Minimum 4 plug purchase and a Max of 16 plugs.

You can copy that form, fill out and mail or submit it online.
Both options must be sent by the 31st but the last date to purchase is the 30th.

They're now only $12.66

I tried adding the link manually but it's so looong that it doesn't all fit in my search box.
Feel free to add link, you're better at the computer than I am.

Edit: Thanks for the link MI_Ghost!
Don't be scared off by the ''OE'' in the rebate, as far as ACDelco is concerned every iridium they make is ''OE'' now.

I searched ACD's website and their own description for ALL their iridium plugs says ''These GM OE (Professional) plugs...''
And at the very end it says ''some GM parts may have formerly been called Professional..''
They're making all new packaging to try to cut down on all the counterfeits that've taken advantage of their name.

Problem is there's SO MUCH legit ACDelco product sitting in warehouses and on store shelves.
By the time all that old inventory sells and the new boxes could prove every purchase was authentic, the counterfeits may clone those boxes as well.
For the next few years, if a part comes in the new boxes it's Delco 100%.
Counterfeits do tend to stick with the most recognizable, older, packaging for most things globally, so there's that.

·
Registered
01 Astro Cargo RWD, 97 Astro Mark III AWD
1,837 Posts
Even without the rebate it is a great price for iridium plugs
Just ordered 3 sets

·
Registered
2002 and 2004, RWDs
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sure is a great price, regardless of the rebate.
It may annoy some members to go on and on about it, but I'm looking out for our fellow members who love a good deal. :D

I'm hoping that ACDelco may encourage dealers to get rid of their old style boxes with heavy discounts & more rebates this year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is a guy on eBay that was selling them for 28.00 each. I messaged him thinking he made a mistake. He told me it's 28 each

·
Registered
2002 and 2004, RWDs
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awwww man, USPS seems to have misplaced my package.
Hope your package shows back up.
Should be able to get the rebate by linking the purchase to ACD's rebate form.
Don't have to wait to actually receive package.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Ordered mine on Friday. Received on Wednesday.
Submitted rebate claim online using pdf of receipt.

Waiting to see it the vanilla card comes in the mail.

·
Registered
2004 Astro AWD, 2004 Safari 2WD
599 Posts
got mine. submitted online rebate, had to get a screengrab jpg cuz they don't accept amazon's pdf. Had to type every digit of my vin, and the amazon super long order number. No pastes. Here's hoping! TNKS again!

ps they've gone up to $25.27 for a 4 pack

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,051 Posts
Got mine a few days ago, just submitted for the rebate. I had to do a screenshot of the Amazon order, too and yeah, had to type the whole VIN and Amazon order number. Still not much work to make the plugs essentially free.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,051 Posts
Got notification of rebate approval and the check’s in the mail.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Got notification of rebate approval and the check’s in the mail.
Same here. No issue with the pdf.
It is the same as a screen grab using Windows print to pdf.

Thanks much deafman

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
12,426 Posts
Original order still hasn't moved, Amazon shipped out a replacement order. Rebate applied and approved but hasn't shipped yet.

I didn't need any more plugs right now, but might as well stock up when they are almost free.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
12,426 Posts
Some spark plugs arrived today, but only some of them :) Packaged was damaged/missing so they are sending me another order.... Glad I didn't need them in a hurry ;)

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,051 Posts
Good grief. Mine appeared the next day and each box was in a sealed plastic bag. The boxes weren’t even smushed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts