Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Astro came to me with a set of aluminum running boards. They are nice and provide excellent protection for the rocker panels from road debris coming up from the front tires, but they would be in my way if I want to build a side exit dual exhaust. Are they still popular to add on to these vans today? I might have a set for sale if I decide to build what I want to build.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Probably not. Most guys/gals are into lifting them to get more ground clearance. 4x4 conversion. I do remember a thread awhile back where someone was looking for some, so post them up for sale and see. Remember shipping those are going to be fun.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love mine, I ran my dual exhaust out the same side all the way out the back wheel.
I'm thinking dual exhaust left and right sides, exit in front of the rear wheels. It's part because I like the look and part because going over the axle is the most time consuming part of building an exhaust and I need to save time wherever I can so that I can keep the V8 swap moving as swiftly as possible.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might try to sell them if and when I decide on a dual side exit front of the axle exhaust. If they don't sell, I will probably store them overhead in the garage for a while. I wouldn't throw them away, at least not right away. I kinda sorta like their functionality as mud flaps/rock guards, but I don't like the look. And the van is stock height, so not high enough in my opinion to need a step for entry/egress. Overall, I think they are for style more than for function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts