Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to adjust the right side rear door so it closes normally with little effort? Mine requires a super slam to get it to close. I have a feeling it has settled on its hinges or maybe the ramp at the bottom needs replacing. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance. Cheers, Wavelength. :(

·
Registered
01 Astro RWD Cargo, 97 AWD Mark III
2,277 Posts
Is it possible that the latch has been damaged by being slammed so much?
Find good working parts from a junk yard.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,947 Posts
I'm guessing that if the alignment is fine, but you still have an issue with it not latching, that the latch either needs cleaning/lube or replacement.

·
Registered
2004 Safari RWD, 2002 Astro AWD
233 Posts
I my van the Dutch door handle was stiff and did not go back completely.
It causes the door from closing properly or completely.
By pushing on the handle with your pam, then places the latch to close properly.
Need to lubricate or if still stiff, replace handle as the aluminum/magnesium has corroded.

·
Registered
2004 Astro V6
150 Posts
Could your door check not be on the post,lost inside the hole in the door side jamb,and not allowing it to swing all the way shut.If you don't see it, t might be able to be pulled out with pliers.I've seen it happen to one of mine with the check out of alignment inside the door jamb..hits on the pin holder on the body's jamb..Pull it out and stick it down on its pin add some lubricant to the check piece..all good to go again..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts