Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
ok Thank you, I raised mine 1/4 inch just to get more room from oil pan to front differential.
Also my full sized oil filter is 1/8" from the front drive shaft I may have to use a relocation kit.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
I bought a oil filter relocation kit from summit racing but I have to bend some elbow type pipes to get it where I want it.
I will take pictures after I get it installed. Right now I have the subframe pulled back out to weld up my exhaust Y pipe and replace the upper control arms. After that it will be bolted back in for good.(I hope)
Great project you have there glad to see it coming along. Just a thought: I used to build off road rigs and have a buddy back in New England that still does them for a living and we both agreed on one thing. Bigger wheels equate to smaller sidewall tires which is not a good thing for any off roading. The sidewall takes the beating and protects the vehicle from the beating. Just think about that.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
When you welded the shock mounts on the axle did you do it with the assembly in it or not I ask because I was told one should never weld the rear diff with the guts inside of it due to the heat hurting the bearings and seals. I wish to do some welding on one in the future to change out the way GM designed the leaf spring attachments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts