Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
gavio said:
For your Tcase to go into 4low does the trans need to be put into Neutral?
Yes, it did.... I don't have the 233 any more (I switched to a 231), but back when I installed the electronic shift, I did a writeup, and it talks about that very thing...

https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=61033

I'm pretty sure you need to do the exact same thing to hook up the 236
I have a 246 not a 236. Thank you for the link and write up. The Tahoe brake switch is different than the Astro or s10 but could be wired the same. I just cant confirm it. I cant find a clear wire diagram some BS web page keeps blocking and redirecting me to their "free" site.
 

Attachments

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
Joined
·
13,947 Posts
Torrent from TPB works, just takes time because you are relying on the remote computers to be on/running/seeding, having the proper setup(encryption and ports open) makes a huge difference. It's sad that there are so few seeders left, just shows how selfish people are that don't seed to at least a 2:1 ratio.

If you use the mediafire link it requires some manual labor but should be pretty obvious ;)

Setting up Virtualbox is quite easy as well: https://sites.google.com/site/astrosafa ... virtualbox
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Will get some more pics tomorrow.

So I needed to torque the header bolts after heat cycling. Easy with the motor mounts that lifted the engine. No way could have done it without the engine lift. Spark plugs even with headers way easier than a stock astro. So all in all worth the time to build them not to mention not having to buy or pay someone to modify an oil pan.
 

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
Joined
·
13,947 Posts
Bigforkg said:
So I needed to torque the header bolts after heat cycling. Easy with the motor mounts that lifted the engine. No way could have done it without the engine lift. Spark plugs even with headers way easier than a stock astro. So all in all worth the time to build them not to mention not having to buy or pay someone to modify an oil pan.
Sounds like the way to go as long as you are going with a lift.

Did you get your download to work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
AstroWill said:
Bigforkg said:
So I needed to torque the header bolts after heat cycling. Easy with the motor mounts that lifted the engine. No way could have done it without the engine lift. Spark plugs even with headers way easier than a stock astro. So all in all worth the time to build them not to mention not having to buy or pay someone to modify an oil pan.
Sounds like the way to go as long as you are going with a lift.

Did you get your download to work?
No point in a awd or 4x4 if it stock height. No fun there. Unless its just a temporary transportation. But then that person wouldn't be here.

I believe so. I cant open it, It looks like my only option it gives me is to burn a disk. Is that correct?
 

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
Joined
·
13,947 Posts
It doesn't get 'opened' as such, you have to choose import appliance inside of Virtualbox(after you install Virtualbox).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Test drove today. Have 2wd, 4hi and 4auto! Just need 1 wire and I know Ill have 4lo. But a check engine light. Im thinking its the o2's or MAF. To bad 4.3 and 5.7 have different MAF sensors. I have 3 of those.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I have been doing small test runs up till to day. Few miles at a time and slowly adding speed. Im not young and as stupid as I use to be. Today got on the highway 75mph. All the way up to that happy to say no vibrations. Few weeks Ill go just a little more. My motor mounts my design was less than a modified pan. I was able to get room I needed for headers first try, stock Rad hoses with min trimming, stock power steering hoses and dual exhaust. This is with a lift. My lift with the 4.3 was cut and add to Rad hoses new power steering hoses. Those are a pain and costly. Still both 4.3 and 5.7 need mods for air cleaners. Both need electric fans, both need some mod the the exhaust. So I see that as a wash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Cant believe the 98 has the service 4wd light in the gauge cluster. So pulled it out and hooked it up, works too. Well I did have to add a wire and pin. So just 1 wire left, should get that in the next few days.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Bigforkg said:
WinnieVan said:
that's sick -- nice work.
Thank you! Glad someone out there likes it.
That is a "massive-looking", hopefully lighter than it looks, awning.

Glad you got your 246 TC working - is your fully functional unit a first for the Forum here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
sixsix said:
Bigforkg said:
WinnieVan said:
that's sick -- nice work.
Thank you! Glad someone out there likes it.
That is a "massive-looking", hopefully lighter than it looks,

Glad you got your 246 TC working - is your fully functional unit a first for the Forum here?
Guessing around 65lbs not a lot more than imported $,$$$ aluminum awnings out there. So the 10lbs or so extra Im not at all concerned.

The Tcase someone else did but last I read it didnt shift right. So Functional, I say yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Going to be ordering some Sunbrella material soon. Hope to get the awning on in the next few weeks. That is up to the person sewing though, something I cant do.
 
41 - 60 of 66 Posts
Top