Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Been down a week. The Tuner "clear throate" forgot a few things and had to send it back. Hopefully they can get it this time. May have to change to quieter mufflers. Sounds great just a little to much. Starting a 2nd build as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Thank you. Also wanting to do a astro trailer to tow behind Bart. But first I have a 2000 astro going to camperize, thinking a slide out kitchen, awning and some solar. If that goes well the the trailer will be a copy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Update. All is good. So glad I lifted the engine and trans instead of a cut and hack oil pan! Im building a 2nd van and what a PITA is to work on with the engine in its stock location. The 270 ° Awning is coming just go tied up in the second van for awhile.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
All is good. The 246 transfer case was the right call. Love having the 4 wheel auto sure helps going from snow/ice to payment without having to constantly change from 4wd to 2wd. Where I live you can have packed snow to dry pavement in a half mile. Turn a corner and back to ice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When you welded the shock mounts on the axle did you do it with the assembly in it or not I ask because I was told one should never weld the rear diff with the guts inside of it due to the heat hurting the bearings and seals. I wish to do some welding on one in the future to change out the way GM designed the leaf spring attachments.
Heat won't harm bearings in fact some get seated using heat ..I wouldn't worry about that hard on gaskets n seals lol

61 - 66 of 66 Posts