Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
01 Astro Cargo RWD, 97 Astro Mark III AWD
1,827 Posts
That is part of why I decided against using the Belltech flip kit. It advertises 3.5" drop for the rear. in order to do that the shackles have to be shorter than the normal 3" lift shackles that are needed. I have to assume that the brackets for relocating the front hanger are shorter also. This will have to be compensated for with the shackle.

Talk to the guys at JOR and let them know you need shackles for 3"-5" lift. Start at 4" and adjust up or down to set your height. It is possible that you might need a pinion shim. Only if you develop a vibration in the rear after you have the height set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So tonight I installed a set of Monroe MA758 Max-Air Adjust Shock Absorbers. Pumped up to 100 psi the van levels out. The ride and handling improved immensely. I have a 750 mile trip scheduled tomorrow. We will see what these air shocks are all about. It's a relief to finally have the van sitting and driving properly. I'll keep this thread updated as I drive the van.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Nice, looks good, hopefully feels good to after some miles!
Shame it wasn't an easier process, I'd love to drop mine an inch or two just to ease getting in, plus would look better ;)

·
Registered
2004 Astro AWD, 2004 Safari 2WD
599 Posts
speaking of which, mine isn't lifted yet, and I have to haul myself in with the steering wheel.

Anybody have a more sanitary grab bar solution?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts