Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as the recently-banned Mike/sixsix pointed out, I have been absent from the forum, most notably in the area of acknowledging birthdays. It used to be a lot easier to post birthday wishes on the "old" site; the home page included a box with any members celebrating that particular day. Obviously, "Someone" didn't think that having this feature in the new version of the site was worth including...I don't know. What I DO know is that I can't wish anyone a Happy Birthday if I don't know when it is, can I. Too bad...that was a lot of fun, sometimes.....almost as much fun as "Shop Talk". Sure hope THAT feature comes back.....
Respect, All!
-M!ke-

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
1,486 Posts
Hi, as the recently-banned Mike/sixsix pointed out, I have been absent from the forum, most notably in the area of acknowledging birthdays. It used to be a lot easier to post birthday wishes on the "old" site; the home page included a box with any members celebrating that particular day. Obviously, "Someone" didn't think that having this feature in the new version of the site was worth including...I don't know. What I DO know is that I can't wish anyone a Happy Birthday if I don't know when it is, can I. Too bad...that was a lot of fun, sometimes.....almost as much fun as "Shop Talk". Sure hope THAT feature comes back.....
Respect, All!
-M!ke-
As is often stated: "It is the thought that counts"
Thanks for you efforts.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,451 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, to be fair...I didn't know that this was available...my dumbass bad. And I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone, Will...thanks for the link; now if I figure out what you mean by bookmarking it I'll be golden lol. (Everyone forgets how tech-challenged I am lol.
-M!ke-

·
Administrator
14,451 Posts
Ok, to be fair...I didn't know that this was available...my dumbass bad. And I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone, Will...thanks for the link; now if I figure out what you mean by bookmarking it I'll be golden lol. (Everyone forgets how tech-challenged I am lol.
-M!ke-
Oh, no worries, it's expected, with changing the software I'm still learning where everything is. I was just clarifying who makes the decisions on how they want to do things. You will see this format standardized on over 2,000 sites. Makes sense for them to make maintenance as easy as possible across their portfolio.
I'm actually surprised that the transition went as smooth as it did. The site is definitely faster, more reliable, and has a lot of features throughout that were lacking.

Bookmarks, saving a website link, what OS/browser do you use?
Usually you can right click on a link and choose 'save a bookmark' or 'bookmark link' or something similar. Some you can just drag the link up to your bookmarks toolbar. Anyway, can show you if I know what browser you are using.

·
Registered
01 Astro RWD Cargo, 97 AWD Mark III
2,281 Posts
You can also click that little " Save " in the lower right to place it in your site bookmarks which is available under your avatar pic in the top right of the page.

·
Registered
RWD's 2002 & 04
388 Posts
You can send private messages tagging all the members you miss chatting with.
That puts you all (except Six) in the same conversation in private (or new public option.)

Heads up, private message is now 'conversations.'
That can be confusing as any regular comments are "discussions."
Good to see you back Astrofarian

·
Administrator
14,451 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,907 Posts
I... rather, WE did.
Got a REAL EXPENSIVE coffee mug from my wonderfully lg. breasted cousin in Tampa ( my home town ), a Budweiser 22oz Double Deuce, Jeannie got me a bottle of Asti Spumonti, the good stuff, Martini n' Rossi... and...and

...and we had to shop and buy a new stove - Got an LG, glass top.
Lowes refused to install it correctly, so this morning I crawled underneath, releveled to the countertop and the 1/8" pitch forward they had it into.

Had to reroute the 3 wire plug set so the stove wasn't sitting out from the wall 2 inches.
"best we can do maam, pulled the cord up... there's jus' notnuff clearance".

Jeannie recorded and took photos of the 5 day install fiasco the 2 of us disabled nimrods had to put up with.
Both install "crews" ( I really use the term loosely heren' now ) were N-words ( Nimrod, Nincompoop, Numbnut, Nuptial-resistant, Nasty, Nuts, Non-caring ) of the worst kind.

Happy Birthday Mike... service industry-related people can kiss my arse ( it would not allow a$$ ). The ones here in Ky. need to be rounded up and moved to Nantucket, under a dock, with those one crabs...

It is a nice stove, Air Fryer, Hidden bake coil, Convection, Dual Control Burner sizes, 5th burner for warming.
Wifi, smart tech, blah, blah, woof, woof.
LREL6323SS - $1,149, marked down to $799 and they took off $150, for the hassles.

Jeannie said, "we did real, real good here...".

I said, " boy that Bud tasted good".

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,907 Posts
Yup, I mentioned one earlier, just did not want to spell them all out then.
Like: Nimrod, Nincompoop, Numbnut, Nuptial-resistant, Nasty, Nuts, Non-caring, etc, etc.

And I forgot the most obvious... Non-seeing. Here's why.
Instead of pulling up to our driveway and since it it had been raining...
...no, they stopped in front of the house and carried it in thru the wet, muddy grass & dirt.
So... of course, along with the stove, they carried dog $hit in also.
One idiot put his 'blue footies' on, but it was out at the truck - so they're wet and full of crap.

And it was windy - so all the protective plastic just littered the entire neighborhood.
I suppose there were reasons they prepped it out of the truck.

So... yes, N-words applied here AND, I will go back and edit in these choice N-words

1 - 16 of 16 Posts