Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Astro V6
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 seems really tight but I get this weird spring type "booooiiinnnggg" going over potholes that kind of drives me nuts..front right corner of the van?Anybody have that and track it down?..and the wife keeps bringing it up with.."There's that noise again."(so I guess I have two noises I'm trying to get rid of..LOL!)

·
Registered
2004 Astro V6
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks..I'll add a couple rubber grommets along the hood prop.The sway bar check might take a few days before Mother Nature will let me get to that(jack the front tires up,shake ,rattle, and roll things)....Hopefully I can find it and eliminate it..just weird..It sounds like a light spring sound like something whacking the antenna..??
Since it is new to me(about 30 days,400 miles)..I need to get under and check the front end stuff anyway..It all looks really clean and well maintained underneath.This was a van-pool vehicle so the mileage was down the open carpool lanes..for the biggest part of its life.

·
Registered
2004 Astro V6
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A couple months later..I solved the noise problem! My van is one of the old 2004 vanpool ones that has a running board on the passenger side only.I got tired of looking at it and I really don't use it.(hey..I'm the driver,mechanic and like the higher clearance for crawling under the thing).Anyway..some time in the past,someone had run over a speed bump or something and ripped the bolts out of the channel under the running board's middle bracket.When you went over a bump,the loose bracket would rock back and forth with that boing spring noise rattling those two loose bolts..drove me nuts..
I foresee no more problems with that noise..but I'm curious how they only pulled those two bolts out and not the rest from the other middle bracket? Anyhow it's all gone..no more headaches there..
So..now I get to play with the Yakima rack's aerodynamic "whisper bar" road noise issues..???Okay..what part of that $600 rack is all the noise coming from?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts