Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2002 Chevy Astro van
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my camshaft position sensor last night because the code ran p1345 put everything back together and cranked up I ran it for a out 10 to 15 minutes shut it off went sleep woke and it won't start help

· Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,534 Posts
Did you check for pancake distributor disease while you were in there? Overall condition of the distributor/rotor/cap/wires?

· Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,534 Posts
Did you check for pancake distributor disease while you were in there? Overall condition of the distributor/rotor/cap

Wires correct and routed the proper way? Put the old sensor back in? Wouldn't be the first time someone got a brand new part that was bad.

· Registered
2002 Chevy Astro van
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir did all that the distributer has a spinning sound from within
Was it "no starting" before? If not, check everything you touched. Unplug the H2os and try. Make sure pcm fuses have not blown. Determine is it no spark or no fuel?
I just bought it so I'm fixing things slowly so I'm using my code tool and fixing what it's requesting basically . So yes it was running and starting fine occasionally the starter would grind but it always started so the code ran p1345 Soni replaced the crank sensor that's inside the distributor when I was done and still on the ramps had to jump it ,but started right up left it running took it for a spin parked turned it off the cranked it back up shut it off. Went to sleep woke needed to get to work and nothing. All the light work fine no start no nothing at all then I said I'll put the old one back on while in the process of putting it back on just before I opened the distributor I cranked it the started grinded but turned on so let it run then turned it off and tried again nothing and nothing since

· Registered
1,576 Posts
A code does not merely mean replace parts, it does point to "systems". Sensors,wiring,connections,etc. Generally, that code is from a crank sensor, or wiring/connection.Might want to at least pull crank sensor, see if the end is shiny,smooth, if not,replace.If it is, check with ohmmeter, and see if the terminals inside the connector are clean and tight.

· Registered
2002 Chevy Astro van
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes sir did all that the distributer has a spinning sound from within
Was it "no starting" before? If not, check everything you touched. Unplug the H2os and try. Make sure pcm fuses have not blown. Determine is it no spark or no fuel?
I just bought it so I'm fixing things slowly so I'm using my code tool and fixing what it's requesting basically . So yes it was running and starting fine occasionally the starter would grind but it always started so the code ran p1345 Soni replaced the crank sensor that's inside the distributor when I was done and still on the ramps had to jump it ,but started right up left it running took it for a spin parked turned it off the cranked it back up shut it off. Went to sleep woke needed to get to work and nothing. All the light work fine no start no nothing at all then I said I'll put the old one back on while in the process of putting it back on just before I opened the distributor I cranked it the started grinded but turned on so let it run then turned it off and tried again nothing and nothing di
A code does not merely mean replace parts, it does point to "systems". Sensors,wiring,connections,etc. Generally, that code is from a crank sensor, or wiring/connection.Might want to at least pull crank sensor, see if the end is shiny,smooth, if not,replace.If it is, check with ohmmeter, and see if the terminals inside the connector are clean and tight.
I put the old one back on and sill nothing is there a sequence of operation I could use to check why I'm not getting nothing out ?

· Registered
2002 Chevy Astro van
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know what happened from last night and untill tody but it's running I've cranked it 3 times now I'll keep you posted .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts