Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

So I just upgraded to a new 2" trailer hitch and stripped off the 1-1/4 Inch hitch. The old hitch was rusty, but appears to have good integrity. I currently have it listed on facebook for $30 but I will give it away for free to a local forum member (dont be a jerk and try to flip it).

Not shipping due to the weight, size and hassel.

Hit me up if you are near me in Bristol, Connecticut 06010. I gave it a coat of black rustoleum. No hardware included, as I reused them on the new hitch.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Road surface
Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt Grass

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Super cool of you. Hope it finds a good home. Curious did you get an Astro style hitch that has two connections to the unibody.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super cool of you. Hope it finds a good home. Curious did you get an Astro style hitch that has two connections to the unibody.
I just got the draw tie one from uhaul for $132 after a discount. There were 4 bolts for each side.

Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Font Parallel Slope Technical drawing Auto part

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,246 Posts
...(dont be a jerk and try to flip it).
Yeah, right...
You'll be lucky if you find someone to pay to take it from you.

We have class III & IV for breakfast here...
- they f_in grow on trees in Ky.

I think the Class III & IV GM offered were 10 bolt - heavy grade bolt hardware...
- Grade 8 maybe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, right...
You'll be lucky if you find someone to pay to take it from you.

We have class III & IV for breakfast here...
- they f_in grow on trees in Ky.

I think the Class III & IV GM offered were 10 bolt - heavy grade bolt hardware...
- Grade 8 maybe.
Yeah, I know they are pretty useless. I figured someone on the site would take it for free and chop it up for something.

·
Registered
01 Astro Cargo RWD, 97 Astro Mark III AWD
1,827 Posts
I would use it for a front hitch anchor point but the shipping would be more than it is worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts