Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Administrator
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I think you missed the point of the question.. whether the "site default" can be "all or nothing"? (not something broken in-between). Personally, I think site "default" should fully show expanded signature just like previous forum did (with option to turn off).
The default will not be changed. Each member can set their own preferences for what they see.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

Take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
01 Astro Cargo RWD, 97 Astro Mark III AWD
1,837 Posts
How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket
Go down 3 more to "Bookmarks"
Not My posts. The threads I was saving because they had good information in them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I hate it, but then again I hate it when any website I'm used to changes.
On a positive note, a Gen 1 is front and center on the banner!!!
That makes it bearable.

·
Registered
2002 and 2004, RWDs
290 Posts
Hopefully most issues we can work through.
Biggest thing that I see so far is with the sigs and whatever the 4 line limit is preventing.
What year van and whether or not it's AWD or RWD we can't get by without.
Yes it can be added to every question asked, it's not going to happen and requires more back & forth.
We often catch advice going the wrong direction by seeing the year + AWD or RWD in sig.
Also means ALOT when seeing the person who's giving advice actually owns the same year van.
Are we back in kindergarten and can't use the words red & neck together?
I'm going to have to embrace Jerry Rigged, I guess.

·
Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
5,308 Posts
Deafman.. well stated on another reason why SIGS are important.
Admin has chosen to ignore this and give us half broken signatures by site default.
As a website designer myself.. this intentional poor quality issue would never fly.
Very few (especially new people) will ever know or take the time to individually fix it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Signature is adjusted in the Account Detail > Preferences > content options. (under time settings)
Turn on (X mark) to see full signature.

-Show people's signatures with their messages
--Signatures will be collapsed by default

Likewise Censorship is the next item down
-Show sensitive and/or mature content. Content not recommended for those under 18

Though I am still not clear as to why redneck is censored!
It certainly is in common use and often preferred non-derogatory terminology

Reactions: deafman

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,248 Posts
This is rubbish

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Once again we are face with another upgrade fiasco.

Embedded pictures gone.
Signature banners gone.
Gallery images resized with no access to original.

Clearly the use of pictures is an afterthought.

What else has been removed?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Jason is one of a few old, non active members. I miss him..
If you'll notice he is badged as a premium member. There are a few others we have not seen in a long time also marked as "premium".
If they are not here who paid the $20 for the ad free membership and why?

EDIT*** this post and quote was just moved from the original "necro" thread to this one.
WHY?

·
Registered
2003 Astro LT RWD
138 Posts
And All my bookmarks no longer exist.
Sad. I'd built quite a list of the useful threads for all the stuff I'm planning. Had no idea the site's bookmarks wouldn't carry over.

·
Administrator
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
What year van and whether or not it's AWD or RWD we can't get by without.
This can be added to your Account Settings so that it will display below your avatar when you post.

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “Account Settings”.

Scroll down to Vehicle Details and enter the information.
Sky Font Magenta Darkness Electric blue

When you are done, scroll down to the bottom and click to SAVE.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Astro AWD
9 Posts
Sometimes whenever I click a thread it takes me to the last comment on the last page instead of the original first post. Other times it goes straight to the original post. Not sure why this is happening I cant find a sequence of clicks that is causing this it seems random.

Edit- So it seems that this happens after you have gone to the post one time. It will then direct you straight to the end of the post every time after that. This seems like terrible functionality.

·
Administrator
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Sometimes whenever I click a thread it takes me to the last comment on the last page instead of the original first post. Other times it goes straight to the original post. Not sure why this is happening I cant find a sequence of clicks that is causing this it seems random.
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Astro AWD
9 Posts
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

- Cricket

Clicking the "9 days ago" timestamp below the title does not take me to the 1st post of the thread it still takes me to the last.

Edit - Now it seems to be working. Not sure why it wasnt at first when I was trying it.

Edit- So actually it does'nt work on the home page but it does in other sections of the forum.

·
Administrator
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
It sounds like you clicked the timestamp to the right in the screenshot then. (There is one for the thread started and one for the last poster.)

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Can you give me a link to some examples of this in your Gallery, please?

- Cricket

What I see going into gallery to view albums
Gives no option to resize or view original
I have to right click > open in new tab to view original

What I see going into gallery to view albums
Gives no option to resize or view original
I have to right click > open in new tab to view original

Image display is very inconsistent. Clicking an image in a post sometimes brings up a new tab with the image displayed where it can be resized. If you exit that tab, then click the image again it will not bring the tab back up. Other times you have to right click on image > open in new tab

Reactions: stent

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,248 Posts
This is rubbish
Well, I waited a minute... thinking 'maybe' you would ask why I come off so borish...
I just knew this would happen - especially since the album viewing / manage feature system went down in 2019.
As far as the site upgrades and new look - OK, so what. It is now - A VERY difficult site to Navigate, but like most things, people get used to it or NOT.

All I know ( and few others by now ) is the album/"media" stuff is a mess.
Most of the Photos I uploaded are not showing up / broken links in my posts / discussions, etc. and there are over a thousand.

Here's the link to the last page of our Build Thread:
Mike's 1992 Astro Resurrection / Bucket List

I looked at " Domsan " and his Superb rebuild / Restore thread - His post's Pics are missing also.
Here is a link to his last page:

DomSan Astro Project

Are you able to Help us members that relied on the Mantra... "upload to the site and you won't have a "photobucket" fiasco occur"?

And your excuse for not having a Chat feature is flimsy at best and is falling on deaf ears here.
"security issues" my foot.

Lastly... Premium Service for $19.99 - you're not kidding, are you...?
I still have not seen an ad - I guess they will springing them on us.

This site used to be a nice neighborhood Information area w/ much valuable data and peers.
Now it is like a showy gal in new ugly clothes, like fecebook.

"Biden Border Crisis, BidInflation, and the Biden Blue City Crime wave. Wow, we're only 8 mos. into the Biden years. Must be those White Supremacists again.
THEN...
To top it off:
Add the Biden Bugout of Kabul to the present trifecta."

Reactions: stent
41 - 60 of 103 Posts