Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Most of the Photos I uploaded are not showing up / broken links in my posts / discussions, etc. and there are over a thousand.

Here's the link to the last page of our Build Thread:
Mike's 1992 Astro Resurrection / Bucket List

I looked at " Domsan " and his Superb rebuild / Restore thread - His post's Pics are missing also.
Here is a link to his last page:

DomSan Astro Project

Now it is like .........fecebook.

I looked at both yours and Domsan's threads earlier today and your pictures are not showing up from my end either - MAN, hopefully this can be fixed --- got my fingers crossed, don't know what else i can do.

i LOVE "fecebook" !!!!!!!!!!!!!
the best that i have ever been able to come up with was prefacing "facebook" with "sit on my".................

·
Registered
1997 AWD GMC Safari
763 Posts
Hopefully lost photos get fixed, losing those would stink.

Otherwise, pretty much every other issue seems like not a big deal and the site seems to be far more functional overall - seems like a good change.

I really dig a lot of the small changes, and am excited that posting pics in my build thread won't take a heckin long time anymore!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Minor compared to the missing pics in the build threads, but does anyone else miss the "Original Poster" tag that was above the Avatar?
I thought that was a helpful feature... unique to most other sites where you'd have to backtrack if you picked-up in the middle of the conversation/thread.

·
Registered
01 Astro Cargo RWD, 97 Astro Mark III AWD
1,827 Posts
Minor compared to the missing pics in the build threads, but does anyone else miss the "Original Poster" tag that was above the Avatar?
I thought that was a helpful feature... unique to most other sites where you'd have to backtrack if you picked-up in the middle of the conversation/thread.
That is now displayed at the to of the individual post. Just after the post #.

A picture would help but apparently pictures are no longer an acceptable form of communication.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Well, I waited a minute... thinking 'maybe' you would ask why I come off so borish...
I just knew this would happen - especially since the album viewing / manage feature system went down in 2019.
As far as the site upgrades and new look - OK, so what. It is now - A VERY difficult site to Navigate, but like most things, people get used to it or NOT.

All I know ( and few others by now ) is the album/"media" stuff is a mess.
Most of the Photos I uploaded are not showing up / broken links in my posts / discussions, etc. and there are over a thousand.

Here's the link to the last page of our Build Thread:
Mike's 1992 Astro Resurrection / Bucket List

I looked at " Domsan " and his Superb rebuild / Restore thread - His post's Pics are missing also.
Here is a link to his last page:

DomSan Astro Project

Are you able to Help us members that relied on the Mantra... "upload to the site and you won't have a "photobucket" fiasco occur"?

This site used to be a nice neighborhood Information area w/ much valuable data and peers.
Now it is like a showy gal in new ugly clothes, like fecebook.

I tried quoting some of your post with missing images. It does not show any kind of image linking whatsoever. Apparently this new software is parsing out external linking to offsite image hosting.

A picture would help but apparently pictures are no longer an acceptable form of communication.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
And if you thought it could get worse!

Community Feedback: New Forum Software Is Live!
topic has gone MIA from the main topics list on the home page.

I now have to go the long route through forum categories list to Website Concerns to locate it.
What gives??

Site navigation is clumsy and torturous at best
Apparently pictures are no longer an acceptable form of communication.

Are the IT professionals really trying to turn IT into a 4 letter word?

·
Registered
351 Posts
My V8 swap threads had lots of detail with lots of photos... THE PHOTOS ARE MOSTLY ALL GONE. Most unfortunate
i scrolled through your threads and the pictures stopped coming up for me after your "blew my driveshaft" thread..
the picture of your vans side-by-side at the bottom of your posts isn't showing up either..........

·
Registered
2004 Astro AWD, 2004 Safari 2WD
599 Posts
I've got a red notification dot, but can't find the 1 of many that it is referring to
Still have this issue. How to find the ages old msg that I supposedly haven't read?

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Astro AWD
9 Posts
It sounds like you clicked the timestamp to the right in the screenshot then. (There is one for the thread started and one for the last poster.)

- Cricket

No I did not click the time stamp to the right. Below are pictures explaining to you what is happening on the Recommended for you area of the front page.

The title goes to unread like you said

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue

The left timestamp also goes to unread...

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

The right timestamp goes to latest.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

And the furthest right quote icon goes to latest.

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue

There is not a link anywhere in that area that goes back to the top of the original post unless it is the first time you have clicked it.

In a regular forum this works like you have pictured above in another post but not in the "Recommended for you" area on the homepage.

Unless I am completely missing something I dont see a link on those posts to go back to the top of the post and see the original post.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Holy Crap. How inconsistent can it get?
The NEW postings list is now showing updated topics as being viewed since last visit (as shown by time stamp) that I have not even looked at. And when I make a post on a topic. It does not move down. It Disappears!!!

How can anyone in their wildest dreams consider this to be stable?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
There is not a link anywhere in that area that goes back to the top of the original post unless it is the first time you have clicked it.

In a regular forum this works like you have pictured above in another post but not in the "Recommended for you" area on the homepage.

Unless I am completely missing something I dont see a link on those posts to go back to the top of the post and see the original post.
If you scroll back up a slight bit. It actually does show the back to top arrow for a very brief couple of seconds. You have to get your mouse pointer on it to make it stay. Definitely not a functionally useable feature!

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Astro AWD
9 Posts
If you scroll back up a slight bit. It actually does show the back to top arrow for a very brief couple of seconds. You have to get your mouse pointer on it to make it stay. Definitely not a functionally useable feature!
Ahh I see.

It's weird that the homepage "Recommended for you" area works differently than the individual forum areas. It seems like they should both work the same.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
What is up with the captcha? Don’t want to have to go through that all the time. I log in every visit and I log out. Same device same web address same internet. Tonight the captcha would not let me in. News flash a BUS is not a truck. Please advise. Thanks ken.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
12,417 Posts

·
Administrator
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Holy Crap. How inconsistent can it get?
The NEW postings list is now showing updated topics as being viewed since last visit (as shown by time stamp) that I have not even looked at. And when I make a post on a topic. It does not move down. It Disappears!!!

How can anyone in their wildest dreams consider this to be stable?
I am not certain I understand what you are referencing.

If you click on NEW it is all UNREAD posts. If you want to see those already viewed, click on the popular tab within there.

How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket

61 - 80 of 103 Posts