Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
RWD's 2002 & 04
378 Posts
ROFL, I won't comment further on that ;)
I've made P-lenty of comments when I should just let someone more knowledgeable chime in. :ROFLMAO:
FB is off the hook though.
Folks, who've never even changed a battery, shouldn't say 'Follow me on Twitter for advice' a month after buying a van.
Isn't FB THE internet? LOL
Yes it is for 4/5 of them.
I like nerdy, hobby, groups and Marketplace on FB.
FB Marketplace has reduced CL to mostly old folks (who got a relative to make a listing for them) and Nigerians.
Highly recommend Marketplace!
I really wish people would put the pertinent information in their signatures or profiles, AND in the first post of their threads. But can't even get them to use the search box so I think that is going to be an uphill battle.
I think that we all agree that new members are never going to put the info on their profile until asked, prodded, sent links and directed to a sticky.
I really thought a required field when joining was a good solution.
Then that info could be automatically on profiles from day 1.
It could still be edited + added to after joining - same as now.

Would the software have to be changed to allow that?
Not worth risking something unforeseen screwing up?
Or could it be a simple 4 hour job to tweak an extra feature in using the existing software?

·
Registered
RWD's 2002 & 04
378 Posts
We have special tools that help weed out the spammers.- Cricket
Those are working very well, and it's impressive!
What I meant is the majority of users who join have been asked a required field question before.

Email address, user name and password ARE required fields on here and needed for all features to work.
'What year's your van' seems a pretty reasonable 4th required field.

·
Administrator
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·

The site will be transitioning from the dedicated support team (who works primarily with helping members transition to the new platform) over to our regular tech support team. Although this means it may take us a bit longer to respond to your questions, we will continue to be here for you and the community.

- Community Management Team

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't know who thought that this software was even remotely worth using. They could have built the site using HTML5 and made it look exactly like the old site - this design is crap and whoever created it should be fired. Team Chevelle was also ruined with this garbage, along with several other sites. VerticalScope should never have been allowed to purchase all of these websites - they suck now. I had to get that off of my chest.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.