Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Astro
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anybody happen to know the actual size or a link to replacement bolts that secure the lower have of the cupholder console to the engine cover.....ive tried M6 & M8....and even 1/4" Flanged Nuts with them all being a tad bit to small....the rattling during driving is sooo irritating...thanks you guys

·
Registered
2003 GMC Safari RWD
16 Posts
would anybody happen to know the actual size or a link to replacement bolts that secure the lower have of the cupholder console to the engine cover.....ive tried M6 & M8....and even 1/4" Flanged Nuts with them all being a tad bit to small....the rattling during driving is sooo irritating...thanks you guys
If memory serves, it's a 13mm.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If it's a Gen 1 they're 10mm.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,754 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Astro
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2003 yall....i litterally followed and old forum on here on the removal of the engine cover that stated one size which was ineffective

·
Registered
2005 Astro Cargo 4WD
499 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
You may need to grab a thread gauge to measure the actual threads. I agree with the earlier posts in that the nut head size is usually 10 or 13mm, but that doesnt help with actual thread pitch if your nuts are missing entirely.

Since its a completely removable part you should take the bracket to the hardware store and just try everything out in the drawers until you find the correct one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts