Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Does anyone know the interior distance from the back of the driver's seat to the front of the fuel tube, and how far the fuel tube sticks out from the wall? I'd sure like to know without removing the side panel to find out 馃槉. This is in a 2000 Astro. Thanks much!

Registered
2003 Safari AWD
My 2003 is in pieces so I can measure what you are looking for. Unfortunately, your description is not clear enough for me to know from where to where you are asking. A picture or a sketch would really help.

-Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2003 is in pieces so I can measure what you are looking for. Unfortunately, your description is not clear enough for me to know from where to where you are asking. A picture or a sketch would really help.

-Jim
Jim, that鈥檚 mighty kind of you. I will get better information.
But I have a more pressing question. I can鈥檛 find any documentation for roof rib spacing, and width of ribs. I鈥檇 like to install an 11鈥 ceiling fan (cutout size is 11x11) without taking out the headliner. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
George
Billings, MT

Registered
RWD's 2002 & 04
So you want measurements (details) and pics.
1. Type astrosafari + roof vent (or vent fan, etc.) in Google (or any browser's search.)
2. Click search.
3. Then click ''images'' under the search box - tons of pics will pop up.
4. Click pics that look good, that'll lead you back to a thread on this forum.
It's an easy way to search when you know you want pics with the advice.
*Might as well watch a video or two to build confidence.
Leave ''astrosafari'' out of the search, replace with 'Astro' or 'Safari', then choose ''video'' at step 3.
Vids can have horrid advice, compare it to our forum & go with the common trends

Registered
2005 AWD 3+1 on 32X17's.
Jim, that鈥檚 mighty kind of you. I will get better information.
But I have a more pressing question. I can鈥檛 find any documentation for roof rib spacing, and width of ribs. I鈥檇 like to install an 11鈥 ceiling fan (cutout size is 11x11) without taking out the headliner. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
George
Billings, MT
I installed an 11 inch fan in mine. From what I remember the rib spacing is not uniform. The ribs in the rear are closer together. That being said the rear rib spacing is just enough to install the fan. I installed my fan behind the third brake light and it just fit between those ribs. Now...that being said, it will be very difficult for you to install without cutting open the head liner to locate your cut perfectly. push on the headliner locate the space between, cut in a small opening enough to feel where the ribs are. Line up your interior fan trim and pencil it on. Cut that section out and you should be able to cut your metal no problems. Hope this helps, good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for that advice. I just now found this link below that really should be posted all over the place. I might just get under the headliner anyway to do some work on the interior behind the driver's side. Is that possible? Do I need to prop up the headliner or can I carefully pull just that side down then put it back up? Thanks again!

Registered
2005 AWD 3+1 on 32X17's.
Thanks so much for that advice. I just now found this link below that really should be posted all over the place. I might just get under the headliner anyway to do some work on the interior behind the driver's side. Is that possible? Do I need to prop up the headliner or can I carefully pull just that side down then put it back up? Thanks again!

Its ridiculously hard to maneuver the headliner but from the back. Even then both sides have to be undone in order to get any clearance to just behind the drivers side. Attempting from one side only will prove fruitless but be my guest, get er done. VannyD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.