Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am very new to this forums page So I got no idea what I am doing.
But anyways I have been looking for a way to Raise the Drivers Seat Up for slightly better visibility.
I know how to control everything except the up and down.
Anybody know how to move it up or down?

·
Registered
2004 Astro V6
163 Posts
You may want to add what year/model your Astro is..is it electric seat adjustment or manual?...Neither of mine have a seat height adjustment feature.(1990 and 2004)
Manual..I'd assume some kind of spacers under the tracks..or under the seat base..just an idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may want to add what year/model your Astro is..is it electric seat adjustment or manual?...Neither of mine have a seat height adjustment feature.(1990 and 2004)
Manual..I'd assume some kind of spacers under the tracks..or under the seat base..just an idea.
I have a 2005 Astro with Manual adjusters.
I never knew that they came with electric ones.

·
Registered
2004 Astro V6
163 Posts
Maybe some of the Tigres and other conversion style ones might have had electric works added to them.. or changed out.
Check for some threads here in the "interior" forums..search for "raise seats" or something..you might get lucky!
I think some people have tried to modify the seats to rotate and the seat seems to come out higher also..that might be an option .The angle of the seat base creates some adjustment shim problem to get them so they are back flat again.. Try those threads..

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
1,327 Posts
Unfortunately, the seats frames sit on 4 studs, so it is not easy to just add a thick spacer at the floor level.
A spacer with offset studs or bolts could be fabricated from square tubing, but it will require some fabrication skills (cutting, drilling and possibly welding and /or threading), depending upon the design.
It might be possible to add spacers between the seat frame and the seat base. The swivel seat base from Ironcloud Metalworks , has you remove the original base to install the swivel assembly, so those installation instructions could be the basis for looking at what needs to be done to separate the seat and adjuster from the seat base. You should be able to use longer bolts and some spacers at that point.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

·
Registered
2004 Astro V6
163 Posts
Hmm..that's right..forgot they were studs.At one time,.I was trying to get an unbroken seat belt portion that stands beside the seat so the wife wouldn't have to bend down and grab the broken plastic(outer portion..most are busted already at P-n-P) latch/release end on the floor..gave up when I realized I'd have to unbolt/take out the entire seat and base to get that seatbelt piece... How about a 2" steel C-square shaped channel bolted to the studs on both sides and a same structural bolt/nut drilled through the top end of the channel for mounting the seat base to..extending the seat base 2" higher with a full side wall to lift the base unit's one..
The cost factor for channel and more nuts/bolts is cheaper,probably more structural than bolts and spacers.. but adding the swivel base instead of the channel is adding another luxury item for camping.. but for $$$...
Channel pieces..I was thinking of something like this so you can get under the seat and get to the nuts and bolt heads--->
I thought it came in 2" wide but it appears only 1-5/8"..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts