Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2005 AWD 3+1 on 32X17's.
76 Posts
Did you have to dig the module out? I tried to do this repair a while ago and I quit because it seemed the module was epoxy'd in. Is there a trick to it? I'm just sitting on my new module and my wipers still act funny here and there.

Thanks- Vanny

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Did you have to dig the module out? I tried to do this repair a while ago and I quit because it seemed the module was epoxy'd in. Is there a trick to it? I'm just sitting on my new module and my wipers still act funny here and there.

Thanks- Vanny
In the old days, when the recall for this first came out, they thought it was water getting into the module, ruining them. The instructions were to glue the cover back on with silicone sealer. You may have to cut and dig it out.
I have never bought a module, but resoldered 2 of mine, as that is usually all the problem is.

· Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,534 Posts
I have never bought a module, but resoldered 2 of mine, as that is usually all the problem is.
Different materials created new problems with soldering in the 90s, so many failed joints in ECBMs and wiper boards.

· Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting it unplugged was the biggest challenge, with the plastic release being 28 years old and brittle. Mine came out with little problem, just lucky I guess.
Yes, I could have soldered it, but for $12.99 I have a new one, I will eventually soldered it for a spare.

· Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,534 Posts
Yes, I could have soldered it, but for $12.99 I have a new one, I will eventually soldered it for a spare.
Good plan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts