Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Astro van starts fine run to the store and it gets hot I cut it off and it will not start back again just cranks and cranks until it cools down any idea what it could be thank you

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
That could be a lot of things, but my first two thoughts are the coil and the ignition module…. Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you try to start it when hot?

·
Registered
01 Astro Cargo RWD, 97 Astro Mark III AWD
1,770 Posts
Definitely start with the coil. The ignition module does not tend to come back once it cools.
A bad ignition module cost me $350 in towing and repair for a $30-$50 part. No choice but to have a shop fix it while I was on the road.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
12,209 Posts
I have a 98 Astro van starts fine run to the store and it gets hot I cut it off and it will not start back again just cranks and cranks until it cools down any idea what it could be thank you
You have a failing part that is affected by heat. Could be a few different things. About the easiest thing to try when it's not starting is some starting fluid, that would let you know if it's an ignition problem or a fuel delivery problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts