Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Enjoying Outdoors with Astro/Safari - Share your pictures

62K views 245 replies 74 participants last post by  augidog 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am new to all Astro/Safari thing, but soon enough I am thinking about thinking to take "our baby" to back-roads of Beautiful British Columbia, but for those who have already done that no matter where you are - please share your pictures.

Let's enjoy each others adventures and remember good times with Astro/Safari :rockon:

Cheers!

:ty:

#2 ·
A few from a couple of years ago, I've since removed the running boards and swapped rims numerous times.

Up north by my folk's place, at the Chain 'O Lakes near Waupaca, WI.
07CanoeRoofSmall.jpg

In Door County, WI, roaming the back roads.
DC_Fall.jpg

My wife gives me funny looks when I take a pic of the van instead of the kids/family... :confused:

-Andrew

#5 ·
This is from a few years ago, a little day outing in to the woods at Reiter Ponds in Sultan Wa. Will post a lot more this year after June rolls around. I plan on taking my van everywhere and taking pics ;D

#8 ·
Tegnus said:
@SilverBullet are those BF Goodrich All-Terrain that are on your Astro in these pictures?
No, this was when the vehicle was still running stock all-season tires...

I can't wait to get out there with my new BF's

#9 ·
thegreenmachine said:

Quick stop on the drive home yesterday.
Your van looks amazing Shane. I would love to talk to you about your lift sometime... I am really hoping to have enough money to do my lift with in the next month or two...

#11 ·
Mine our coming in June, I promise some good pics :D

#12 ·
bump... my pics are still coming but I know that now that summer is around you must have some pics to share.. come on people lets see them pics.

#14 ·
Used the astro to pull the boat out to the lake to enjoy that in the outdoors, so the astro facilitated that enjoyment, so that counts right?

#17 ·
Here is a pic from my camping trip a couple of weeks ago. This was an annual camping jam in the Laguna mountains in Southern California
PIC_0073.JPG

And another

View attachment 2

And just for grins, my friend Michael's bus

View attachment 2

Attachments

#18 ·
repeat offender said:
Hi Tegnus I just finished a trip from whistler down logging roads to Harrison hot springs with a stop at sloquet really nice up there, Ill make that trip again in September I hope
It's nice up there indeed, we did a day trip from Vancouver to Sloquet Hot Springs, approaching from Mission/Harrison side and back trough Pemberton/Whistler, so opposite they way you were going! :)

I am thinking about doing this later in the year again - October/November perhaps when it's nice and cool outside ;)

#19 ·
icebrrg3rd said:
A few from a couple of years ago, I've since removed the running boards and swapped rims numerous times.

Up north by my folk's place, at the Chain 'O Lakes near Waupaca, WI.
View attachment 1

In Door County, WI, roaming the back roads.

My wife gives me funny looks when I take a pic of the van instead of the kids/family... :confused:

-Andrew
hhhhhhhhhh
:rofl:
i am laugh to much now

#20 ·
icebrrg3rd said:
A

-Andrew
We got a system in my family. I takes pictures of the van, the truck, the chevelle, the house think garage.
She got her own cameras. Feel free to knock herself out taking pictures of whatever she wants. I busy getting my shots.

I fess up I do grab shots of my boy when he around while I being a shutterbug.

Here one when he was a baby. In the hot rod garage while daddy and uncle played with our toys.

First shot we were still building the garage.
Second he was imitating daddy sanding on the old rustbucket.

A trivia moment. The color of the chevelle and the original color of the van are the same in GM's colorbook. Different years.

0628091421.jpg
0628091453.jpg

Okay no more :text-threadjacked:

#21 ·
chevymaher said:
Okay no more :text-threadjacked:
Okay, now lets see if I can steal this thread back from CM....

Van hit 200,000 miles on it yesterday on its return trip from camping.

Will camping the Astro:
Towed a trailer with a 12' Aluminum Smokercraft(boat), ATV, Fish Smoker, Tents, chairs, and other heavy junk.(sorry no pic of it fully loaded...)
0623131707a.jpg

Went out in the woods a few times to collect wood
0626131744a.jpg

Get some mud on the tires
0626131811.jpg

From sketchy creek crossings like this
0626131811b.jpg

Played around in a gravel pit for a bit.
0626131856.jpg

Did some large grassy knoll hill climbs, and attempted one that was so steep it felt like the van was going to do an endo (end over end) or stop dead from not low enough gearing.
0626131752.jpg

So the 'Stro allowed me to have a great time enjoying the out doors...
0627130128b.jpg

0627131114.jpg

0627131135.jpg

Plus that new suspension made it so I hardly knew when I was driving over washboard or rocky roads,,,

#22 ·
Hi all!
First of, I love your rigs and thanks for posting those nice outdoor pictures.

Now, summer is here and l'm almost set for 3 weeks of Astro living. Plans involve Roskilde music festival and France. In the mean time, maybe not outdoor but definitely not indoor:
20130622_202600.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg1410899169.jpg

#25 ·
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1372823458.125345.jpg

My baby girl said I had dirty tires.

After camping.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1372823548.473932.jpg

Bear creek Harrison hot springs up east Harrison FSR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.