Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got all my suspension installed to lower my new to me cargo van . Here is a list of what I did,

Belltech 2 in drop spindles
Moog Front replacement springs
KYB Gas-A-Just front shocks
DJM rear flip kit

I also installed new Moog lower ball joints, in the front. These parts with a little off the front springs got me a 3 inch drop in the front, and I got about 3 inch in the rear with rear leaf spring in the middle hole of the adjustable shackle. That gives me a inch of rake with it lower in the front, for right now I seems like a happy medium for when I put some weight in the back.

Them I finally installed my 17 x 8 1/2 Impala SS wheels. Here are a couple photo's, I am not sure if the rear in low enough yet but I am going to leave it until I figure out some short rear shocks. I am not sure what to get yet.

Before

Front end done

Flip kit installed

Alignment done, wheel's installed !

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been a year since I did the suspension, working great as my daily driver. I have done a couple of upgrade's since then a composite headlight conversion, rear DJM shock's, and a solid sliding door. Here's a photo a couple of month's ago,

· Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Like the solid slider, how are your rear doors? The van looks great, nice & clean. Now you just need to fix your signature pic, it still has the sealed beams...

-Andrew

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Very nice van , is the ride more harsh because of it being lowered or about the same as beore ? , i also like the look of a solid slider ,but as young dude i delivered with vans without a window in the slider and what a pita it is to get out of lots ,cant see , also and thats a matter of taste but i am not sure about the gray bumber ,love the look of the wheels and the fact that its not too low , good work .

· Registered
01 Astro RWD Cargo, 97 AWD Mark III
2,280 Posts
xxxlino said:
when you lowering van with these components, do you have alignment issues or inner tire wear from increased camber like in cars?
The front end is lowered with drop spindles. There is no change to the alignment settings like you get with lowering springs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.