Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a couple electrical connections I'm not sure where they go. Also, I need to find a diagram for the vacuum hoses. I have a service manual, but it doesn't seem to have the information I need. It's a service manual but I guess there is another companion manual. Also, what 15 inch tire tires would have been standard on a cargo van? I have 2 sets of 15 inche rims that I plan to use for the time being. Trying to figure out a good tire size for those rims. Also, has anybody made a rod to prim the oil system? I'd like to prime the system since the engine was assembled 25 years ago and I don't remember if we used lube or just oil to assemble the motor.9
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Tread Bicycle part

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think the round one is a knock sensor plug. I don't recognize the other. Maybe oil pressure switch?

I have made a priming tool. I had to turn the end of an old distributor down on the lathe to get it to fit in my drill though.

·
Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
5,713 Posts
The connector in your hand looks like it's for an old style temperature sender that would typically be mounted to side of engine cylinder head.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
I have the vacuum hose diagram and I will go out and take a picture for you if you pm me your cell number. I do not have a scanner. So this would be the only way I could get it to you. Or I can email it to you from my cell phone. The white plug is for the temp sensor in the cylinder head. The black plug is for a knock sensor, if you have the stock TBI system for fuel you will need them both. My Astro is an 89 on a 98 AWD frame, so I have all the books for both.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,754 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts