Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
1,486 Posts
My only comments are:
* Nice looking installation on the front, but watch for high curbs. Some places have very high curbs.
* Most automotive ground wires are black, just for future reference, but certainly not critical.
  • The next 'improvement' would be to wire the lights ( ideally through a relay), so the fog light will turn off with the ignition key. It may save you a dead battery incident one day.
  • The money you spent on tools and the experience you gained by doing it yourself, will reap dividends later.

Rod J

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
1,486 Posts
Great looking lights
IggyThe Stooge... said:
"For some reason this kit had all blue ground wires and black wires for the power. I was wondering if it was a Hella thing? I was also confused and unsure about this part."

I is not just Hella... I forgot about the European industrial color scheme ( blue, brown, black = Hot lead, ground return, and output) for so many industrial sensors).
Good work, now that you've mastered the basic circuit, on to the relay upgrade.;)

One thing I did not see on the tool list, and should be considered a 'must have item'; is a simple 12V test lamp. It will tell you 'Is there power here, ...or not'?
An inexpensive volt meter (DVM or analog meter) will be helpful if you plan on getting into very much diagnostic 'fun'..:eek:
Learning to use the basic functions of the DVM ( basic voltage measurements and continuity testing) will probably save you a lot of head scratching. Then pretty soon you will be ferreting out poor heater resistor pack connectors and bad fuel pump wiring problems. :sneaky:
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts