Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
12,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone is out there spending time with their loved ones this Thanksgiving!

Enjoy that harvest!

·
Registered
01 Astro RWD Cargo, 97 AWD Mark III
2,021 Posts
I have been seeing a rampant increase in dangerous driving on the roads.
Take the time to stay safe. Slow down for the kids.
As the old saying goes "Better Late than Never".

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: deafman

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wife got up at 6:00am put the turkey in the oven, it is now 8:00am & I can smell it roasting, YES, today I will over indulge for sure.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

·
Banned
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,327 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all - we are having Family over Sat, as it is the 1st day we ( 20 of us ) can all get together.
And it takes all of us to do it... hence the wait. And it will be hard wait.

I am hungry.

Hey! - I hear the Turkey on Nantucket is Great this year...
- what with our Commander in Chief and his beloved wife Jill serving up the Homeless.

Update:
Microwave ( 20 year old OTR GE Profile ) went out or gave up the ghost 2 days ago.
Picking one up at Lowes, same brand, hoping the bracket layout w/ the tabs and the 2 top screws are same.
63 lbs - we'll prolly use a car jack or a stand / cribbing to take up the weight till the screws are done.

We only have a day, since our warr. people said... "no fixee, no paaats"...

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,091 Posts
First Thanksgiving with the grandson. It was a good day, over at my BILs with just them, us and our daughter, her boyfriend and their son.

Harrison is now 3 months and 3 weeks old, and such a good kid…

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
964 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all - we are having Family over Sat, as it is the 1st day we ( 20 of us ) can all get together.
And it takes all of us to do it... hence the wait. And it will be hard wait.

I am hungry.

Hey! - I hear the Turkey on Nantucket is Great this year...
- what with our Commander in Chief and his beloved wife Jill serving up the Homeless.

Update:
Microwave ( 20 year old OTR GE Profile ) went out or gave up the ghost 2 days ago.
Picking one up at Lowes, same brand, hoping the bracket layout w/ the tabs and the 2 top screws are same.
63 lbs - we'll prolly use a car jack or a stand / cribbing to take up the weight till the screws are done.

We only have a day, since our warr. people said... "no fixee, no paaats"...
SixSix,
That timing is a bummer!
We also recently had an 18yr old GE Profile MW fail. Lights etc. seemed to be OK, but it would not start up.
I was quoted about $700 for a replacement MW and the matching trim assembly ( the new unit was a slightly different size, so the trim needed to be changed to fit properly)
It was built into a cabinet below a granite counter top.
After removing the unit from cabinet and opening sheet meta housing, I found a factory envelope with wiring diagram and troubleshooting tree.
It turned out to be a failed door safety switch. A common $5 micro-switch.
Happy Thanksgiving !
Rod J

It was my lucky day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts