Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Your AL (acronym list) will prove to be a highly efficient idea for everyone! After spending some quality time with my FSM tonight, I diagnosed an open wire in my DRL circuit near the I/P fuse block. I know this isn't an acronym, but I was constantly reminded of the letters C,G, and S in the diagnostic charts and wiring diagrams. Please consider adding these as they are critical and are found on most wiring diagrams. Hypothetical example: During my testing for the DRL problem I had to locate and clean grounds G100, G101, and G103. Connector C200 was a critical piece of the puzzle. Thankfully, I didn't have to find any splices tonight. Thank You!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
TXV Thermal Expansion Valve. Used on the M/L rear A/C.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
LAPS = Local Auto Parts Store

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
MTBF...Mean Time Between Failures
BCM...Beyond Capability of Maintenance
RFI...Ready for Installation
M/C..Master Cylinder
I/P...Insturment Panel
EHCU...Electro Hydraulic Control Unit (4wheel ABS valve)
TIRE...Round Black Thing

Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Source: GM Authentic Technical Service Information - Service Manual 1999 M/L Van - Chevrolet - GMC
VOL 1 of 2 GMT/99-M/L-1

Ebay score! both volumes under $10 :)

I'll type it up so people can get a hit on a quick search inquiry instead of just having to scroll through thousands of post. Especially since the pages post as landscape when I took them as portrait mode...ughhhh that urks me!

Re:
Pg 0-4

•Yellow box - Im a stupid person so this has really helped me a lot when trying to make sense of the pictures. Ive always had an eye on vans since I was a kid so getting my own Astro has been awesome!

•Red box
Will this help me find nut/bolt sizing using a ruler??? I know page 0-17 has bolts identification and I have read it through many times but I cannot comprehend...maybe this will help other newbies like me?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 8CWXJFu33w

Just click the excel sheet drop down arrow and start typing in the search field...or just Hold down "Ctrl" and "F" that way you can have the forum open in one page and the sheet on another page and newbie decode away.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts