Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
1,368 Posts
Yes, the front half is a separate piece.
The rear section, if so equipped, can be removed without taking down the front part, but it is a bit of extra trouble. The rear section it partially held up be the front part, where they overlap. There are also some small 'Velcro' style pads holding the two sections together where they overlap.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys. I´m new on the forum. This is Robert, from Spain. Own an 1992 Astro AWD LT and i need to make a total headliner restore too. I will participate with photos and ideas.

My plan is apply a sheet of fiberglass and resin on both sides of the board and then glue new fabric. If i don´t like result, will try to make a new base from scratch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Speaking of 92's... here's one cheap listed this week...
View attachment 286597
Lucky guys !!

Those are very popular there, in EEUU, but in Spain probably not more than 50 units of different model and year.

I paid 5k for the cheaper one. Gearbox just fixed, but with a lot of work in the interior. Headliner too. Of course.

Engine sounds very well but for a exhaust leak. Shock absorbers were dead at all...and so. It´s what it is.. Hope to have it ready for winter and get fun on the snow. Some people say that this will be the worst winter in decades... I really don´t know if they are speaking of climatic conds.......

21 - 30 of 30 Posts